Cheers
Attachments
01.jpg

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: Exterior Evening Shot

Post by Pibuz » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:04 pm

Your vegetations is wonderful as always.

But..I don't know...it's like you can't UNDERLINE which are the strong parts of your image.

Let us be clear about it: the work is good for sure, and I know the load of mess one goes through to get this kind of rendering. It only seems to me (and I swear it happens SOOOO many times when working at my images too) that it's somewhat unbalanced. The plants are great but mostly in shade....obviously, because they're only environment and not the subject of the rendering...

Maybe it's the architectonic detailing then, what is now lacking a little..Maybe the window frames, the fireplace, the furniture... Also, the grass is not very convincing at the moment, or at least much less than the rest of the vegetation.

My two cents is that for the future works, if you want to represent the architecture, then detail EXTREMELY the architecture. All the rest is environment, you can place it AFTER. Don't give the feeling that you have spent more on the veg than on the real focus.

This comment doesn't want to sound harsh, at all. Hope you can understand what I mean.

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:19 am

Agree with Pibuz, but it's overall a good shot. I think the sky is quite overexposed, and I'm not sure why since it's an evening mood.

Pibuz: when can we see some new stuff from you? :)

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:49 am

Pibuz wrote:Your vegetations is wonderful as always.

But..I don't know...it's like you can't UNDERLINE which are the strong parts of your image.

Let us be clear about it: the work is good for sure, and I know the load of mess one goes through to get this kind of rendering. It only seems to me (and I swear it happens SOOOO many times when working at my images too) that it's somewhat unbalanced. The plants are great but mostly in shade....obviously, because they're only environment and not the subject of the rendering...

Maybe it's the architectonic detailing then, what is now lacking a little..Maybe the window frames, the fireplace, the furniture... Also, the grass is not very convincing at the moment, or at least much less than the rest of the vegetation.

My two cents is that for the future works, if you want to represent the architecture, then detail EXTREMELY the architecture. All the rest is environment, you can place it AFTER. Don't give the feeling that you have spent more on the veg than on the real focus.

This comment doesn't want to sound harsh, at all. Hope you can understand what I mean.
Hi Pibuz
Thank you for you comments, I really appreciate them... and it is Ok,no problem , i see the point of what you mean :D .. the grass it is been always a problem , always looks kinda "flat" and even , almost like a single texture when is all 3d model...however.. I guess that most of the issues you see in my image are due to the lighting mood and the vignetting . Is hard to see lots of detail with the ligh coming from the sunset /evenning. Just a thought.... :D . I'll keep it in mind the next time. :wink:

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:50 am

[quote="Oscar J"]Agree with Pibuz, but it's overall a good shot. I think the sky is quite overexposed, and I'm not sure why since it's an evening mood.

Thank you Oscar J :)

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:41 am

Here's a (not great) example of an exterior in an evening mood:

http://www.moseterasen.no/slideshow/images/hytte1.jpg

Environment colours are calm and low sat, while the cabin interior is cozy and inviting without being overly bright or yellow. Some reflections in the windows also helps.

Keep it up! :)

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:34 am

Oscar J wrote:Here's a (not great) example of an exterior in an evening mood:

http://www.moseterasen.no/slideshow/images/hytte1.jpg

Environment colours are calm and low sat, while the cabin interior is cozy and inviting without being overly bright or yellow. Some reflections in the windows also helps.

Keep it up! :)
Cool !!! Thanks for the suggestion :D

7 posts • Page 1 of 1