Wall console

Show off your final renders
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
Alejandro_66

Wall console

Post by Alejandro_66 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:31 am

Hello everyone,

What i have here for you, was modelled with Sketchup end rendered in Indigo of course.
I'm going to have my father in law build this unit for my living room.
Always eager to read your comments which i learn from and thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,

Alejandro
Attachments
Meuble Salon1.jpg

bubs
2nd Place Winner

Re: Wall console

Post by bubs » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:22 pm

Hey Alejandro, your images are getting much better! Few points to make it even better (if you don't mind)
1. Try beveling / rounding edges to avoid that unrealistic perfect sharp edge that doesn't exist in the real world. Use the 'Round Corners' plugin for SketchUp.
2. Add a bit of bump & Exponent / Fresnel to your shaders to make them look more realistic. Very small amount of bump for this sort of polished wood tho!
3. Be careful with the direction of your wood grain, especially when modelling furniture. At the minute it kinda looks like your entire unit is carved out of a single huge block of wood. Changing the direction of the grain on shelves from the end panels etc will look much more realistic. Just google any wooden units are check out the way they are actually put together. Also check out fenerolina's awesome thread on his furniture renders http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... f=4&t=8186
4. Check your white balance. Your 'white' walls look a bit pinkish to me. Try applying auto curves in Photoshop for a very quick idea if your balance is off. (although this may make many images too contrasty as a quick fix.) You can also try using the 'pick white point' icon within Indigo UI.
Attachments
Auto_Curves.jpg

Alejandro_66

Post by Alejandro_66 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:36 am

bubs wrote:Hey Alejandro, your images are getting much better! Few points to make it even better (if you don't mind)
1. Try beveling / rounding edges to avoid that unrealistic perfect sharp edge that doesn't exist in the real world. Use the 'Round Corners' plugin for SketchUp.
2. Add a bit of bump & Exponent / Fresnel to your shaders to make them look more realistic. Very small amount of bump for this sort of polished wood tho!
3. Be careful with the direction of your wood grain, especially when modelling furniture. At the minute it kinda looks like your entire unit is carved out of a single huge block of wood. Changing the direction of the grain on shelves from the end panels etc will look much more realistic. Just google any wooden units are check out the way they are actually put together. Also check out fenerolina's awesome thread on his furniture renders http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... f=4&t=8186
4. Check your white balance. Your 'white' walls look a bit pinkish to me. Try applying auto curves in Photoshop for a very quick idea if your balance is off. (although this may make many images too contrasty as a quick fix.) You can also try using the 'pick white point' icon within Indigo UI.
Hello Bubs! Thank you very much for your comments! I printed it and added to my notes for future work! You are a great teacher and i feel privileged to have someone like you, with an incredible talent, help me out.
Here's the same unit with added stone wall behind it. I did it before reading your comments, so i will get back to the old drawing board. :o)

Kind regards my friend.

Alejandro
Attachments
Meuble console.jpg
Last edited by Alejandro_66 on Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:16 am

The object is very interesting Ale! I love the water-blue hole hosting the books!

Alejandro_66

Post by Alejandro_66 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:28 am

Pibuz wrote:The object is very interesting Ale! I love the water-blue hole hosting the books!
Buongiorno Pibuz! Grazie per il tuo commento!

5 posts • Page 1 of 1