Acreage - day and dusk

Show off your final renders
Whaat
Developer

Acreage - day and dusk

Post by Whaat » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:45 pm

I cringed when I saw the house plans for this one, but I tried my best to make it look purty....

Any comments and crits?

Grass is all 3D using the technique discussed here: http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... 19&t=11521
Attachments
79Meadowlark_dusk.jpg
79Meadowlark.jpg

tar_gniK
3D Software: 3ds Max

Re: Acreage - day and dusk

Post by tar_gniK » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:56 pm

Awesome stuff, Whaat!! Second one is my favourite. Just curiosity rather than anything else, but the tiling on the roof -- it looks like it needs some anisotropy or something, it looks blurry.

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:39 am

Awesome renders Whaat, its nice to see how your exteriors get better with each new work :)

Only thing I would maybe try to "optimize" is to use some slightly displacement on the stone cover at the ground area and for the roof tiles.
The rooftiles maybe even could use some more reflectivity, but thats just a feeling.
polygonmanufaktur.de

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:04 am

Zom-B wrote:Awesome renders Whaat, its nice to see how your exteriors get better with each new work :)
Thanks! I feel like I'm improving but I'm always worried it's all in my head. :lol:

FoXar

Post by FoXar » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:54 pm

Very nice grass! Didn't notica that topic yet.. Is the scene lit by hdri?
Really like the output!

Cheers
Cheers,
Roo Evans

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:31 am

Only thing: beware of blank-skyed windows 8)
The little pines are excellent indeed: what collection do they come from?

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:00 pm

Pibuz wrote:The little pines are excellent indeed: what collection do they come from?
My eyes tell me they are 2D Billboards, but I might be wrong... and since the look great they are fine ;)
polygonmanufaktur.de

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:09 pm

Pibuz wrote:Only thing: beware of blank-skyed windows 8)
The little pines are excellent indeed: what collection do they come from?
The little pines are Scots Pines from Xfrog. (3D). All plants and trees are 3D. I am bit disappointed in the Xfrog library pre-made library trees. Some trees are quite nice but a lot of them look too sparse and the leaves don't 'hang' very realistically. I am sure it is possible to make great 3D trees with their standalone software (which I have) but if you can suggest any better tree library, I would be interested to hear about it.

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:21 pm

Zom-B wrote:My eyes tell me they are 2D Billboards
FAIL

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I am joking, tricky trees indeed :D

I use Xfrog too, Dale, and I'm quite happy for the results I usually look for. Have no time to learn how to fiddle with the software to generate new trees, though, so I guess Im going to stick to the presets for now. I've tested iTrees too, but they usually approximate the leaves with poligonal faces, although the distribution is more natural.. Good trees if viewed from the distance :wink:

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:07 pm

Whaat wrote:I am sure it is possible to make great 3D trees with their standalone software (which I have) but if you can suggest any better tree library, I would be interested to hear about it.
I Own the two Tree collections from CGAXIS, they are very reasonable priced at 39$ each, and the preview PDF maybe persuade you.
They often have some deals going on with reduced price tags for different stuff and general discounts by vouchers etc.

Pibuz wrote:FAIL
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I am joking, tricky trees indeed :D
Fail indeed... -.-'
polygonmanufaktur.de

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:34 am

Zom-B wrote:
I Own the two Tree collections from CGAXIS, they are very reasonable priced at 39$ each, and the preview PDF maybe persuade you.
They often have some deals going on with reduced price tags for different stuff and general discounts by vouchers etc.[/quote]
Thanks Zom-B! I'll check that out.

Voytech

Post by Voytech » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:48 am

Looking great!

One hair of criticism from the perspective of a interior photographer... Watch your verticals. You're using a wide lens tilted a bit. Keep the lens parallel to the ground and the sides of the house should become straight. Or use the tilt shift if you can figure it out (I couldn't).

Jeff Hammond
Indigo 100

Post by Jeff Hammond » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:14 am

Voytech wrote:Looking great!

One hair of criticism from the perspective of a interior photographer... Watch your verticals. You're using a wide lens tilted a bit. Keep the lens parallel to the ground and the sides of the house should become straight. Or use the tilt shift if you can figure it out (I couldn't).
or, you know… figure out a way to allow us to render a 2 point perspective from sketchup ;)
(didn't realize we couldn't until a couple of days ago when i had a need to do such a thing)

Stinkie
Indigo 100

Post by Stinkie » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:33 pm

You need camera.rb, Jeffrey. :)
Attachments
camera.rb.zip
(10.16 KiB) Downloaded 220 times

galinette
1st Place Winner

Post by galinette » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:21 pm

Voytech wrote:Looking great!

Actually, you need both. If you want vertical verticals, your camera needs to be horizontal in sketchup. Then change the vertical shift, this will do nothing in sketchup view, but will move the view direction up and down in indigo, without loosing the verticals

Etienne
Eclat-Digital Research
http://www.eclat-digital.com

20 posts