Pavoda Rendering Thread

Show off your final renders
Zalevskiy

Re: Pavoda Rendering Thread

Post by Zalevskiy » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:04 pm

Amazing work. My opinion is that the indigo engine lacks the sharpness of the details that give Arnold the result and Redshift, and fake blooms like Octane.

In principle, all this can be achieved through post-production in Photoshop.

pavoda

Post by pavoda » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:41 pm

Oscar J wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:13 am
One of these shots are on the front page now! :)

I noticed. I'm very happy about that :D

noelyone

Post by noelyone » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:13 pm

Hi Pavoda

Great work. I am especially curious as to the method you use to have so much natural light entering into your interior spaces? For example when I render interiors my ceilings always appear darker at the edges - see attached image. In some of your images you don't even have any electric lights in the ceiling yet your scenes remain so bright. Can I ask do you use HDRI or sun/sky?

My technique is: In the settings I use environment map (HDRI), I do not tick 'add sun'... then when it starts rendering I change the gamma to 1.2. How do you do it???

Many thanks in advance!

Noel
Attachments
80a.jpg

pavoda

Post by pavoda » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:16 pm

Hi noelyone,

it's mainly about the camera tonemapping. I use agfapan-apx 400-sCD and other color tuning I do postproduction in the Lightroom. But there is one secret tip to speed up rendering and make the interior brighter. In front of the windows glass is put area light. It must be invisible, with this light you can correct the overall luminosity of the interior.

Just set this light as light layer and you can easy mix HDR light and this window lights to achieve best result.
I use HDR as environment with gamma 1-1.3. You can also try increase the gpu max ray depth to >15. The corners will be lighter and transparent material more natural.

I hope this helps you and I will be glad if you show us your next renders ;)

noelyone

Post by noelyone » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:54 am

Hi Pavoda

There are some great tips there... thank you very much for your time - much appreciated! I've already had a play with the current interior I'm working on and both changing the camera tone and adding a 'window light layer' have definitely helped solve the issue I have been having.

Thanks again!

Noel

20 posts