Indigo for Revit Architecture

Announcements, requests and support regarding Indigo for Revit
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
DanJ

Indigo for Revit Architecture

Post by DanJ » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:59 am

Has anyone got any examples of images created using Revit? It would be really interesting and helpful to see a few to show what it is capable of.

I am planning on modelling my house and extension in Revit as practice as I have recently started using the software at my new workplace and so I wanted to see what Revit and Indigo can do!

Thanks
Dan

Silmä
2nd Place Winner

Re: Indigo for Revit Architecture

Post by Silmä » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:01 am

I have done some competition images using revit and Indigo, but those are obviously photoshopped to hell and back. But it's totally usable, and the ease of just rendering directly from Revit instead of exporting and building all materials again is helpful. And the fact that you can render material index pass, depth pass and alpha pass with indigo helps a lot with the photoshop work.

A big minus is that Revit doesn't really support all textures types Indigo does (would be great to have some kind of "replace Revit material X with Indigo material Y" option in the exporter), so the Revit plugin is somewhat limited in what types of scenes you can create. Also the RPC trees and people obviously don't work with Indigo, which is a bummer. For other competitions I have had to export to Blender just to get proper trees in the renderings. Would probably be easier with 3dsMax, but I've never got hang of the workflow with that beast...

Attached is the standard Revit Sample project rendered with Indigo. About 5 minutes with GTX 1070, ~860 samples/px. All default materials and lighting.
Attachments
revit sample.jpg
Revit sample project

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:43 am

Silmä wrote:I have done some competition images using revit and Indigo, but those are obviously photoshopped to hell and back. .
Can we see? :)

Silmä
2nd Place Winner

Post by Silmä » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:56 pm

Well, the ones rendered directly from Revit (and not from a Revit-model exported to Blender) are for the currently ongoing EUROPAN14 competition, so no, not yet... :)

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:43 am

Cool, looking forward to it. :)

DanJ

Post by DanJ » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:36 pm

Thanks Silmä for your replies. Once I have finished actually building my extension and I have the time I will model something and render it using Revit. Just as the default materials doesn't look too bad, would be great to see your competition entry once you are able to post it!

Thanks

Dan

6 posts • Page 1 of 1