Announcements, requests and support regarding Indigo for Revit
12 posts • Page 1 of 1
fused
Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Indigo for Revit 3.6.24 Beta - Revit 2014 support

Post by fused » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:08 am

This is a Beta release.
If you spot any bugs or problems, please make a post about them in this thread or email support@indigorenderer.com.
Thanks!

Download
Installer for Revit 2013/2014 (32 and 64 bit): http://downloads.indigorenderer.com/dis ... _Setup.exe

This new beta version of Indigo for Revit adds support for Revit 2014. The 2014 version of Indigo for Revit brings significant improvements to workflow and quality that weren't possible with earlier versions of Revit.

These improvements include better material conversion, more reliable mesh export, procedural grass and an improved installer.

Materials in Revit 2014

The material editor dialog has been removed for now, as the material conversion is so much better than before. Some material types only have basic conversion, but most types should be converted to Indigo's material system quite well.

Here's a list of what materials should be converted:
- Hardwood: most parameters are supported. Hardwood tint is currently not supported, the "Common Tint" parameter is supported, though.
- Generic: most parameters are supported. Translucency currently isn't converted properly.
- Plastic/Vinyl: most parameters are supported.
- Concrete: most parameters are supported, including automatic weathering.
- Masonry/CMU: most parameters are supported.
- Stone: most parameters are supported
- Metal: most parameters are supported. For perforations, only the "Custom" mode is currently supported.
- Solid Glass: Only very basic conversion.
- Glazing: Only very basic conversion.

All other material types are converted with the default conversion code, which will likely not produce any decent results but *might* at least catch the surface texture.

For all parameters that can either have an image texture or shaders (noise, gradients, etc) only the image texture mode is currently supported.

Procedural Grass

In the Indigo renderer settings, there is a new tab, "Procedural Grass", which can be used to scatter procedurally generated grass onto any material used in the rendering. To add grass to the site, look up which material is assigned to the site and add the name of that material to the list under "Procedural Grass" tab. For example "Site - Grass".

The "Density" defines how dense the scattered grass will be and the "View Culling" option specifies if grass will be scattered outside of the view (in most scenes that should stay turned on in most scenes).

Depending on how big the area is that should have grass scattered on it, the scene startup can be somewhat slow, as there could be several million grass instances placed in the scene, and also could consume quite a bit of RAM.

fractal.design

Re: Indigo for Revit 3.6.24 Beta - Revit 2014 support

Post by fractal.design » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:24 am

Great, thanks for the quick update :D

This version works very well on my Windows 7 x64 install with Revit 2014.

However I didn't notice a checkbox for GPU rendering anywhere, am I missing something?

Also, when will other views be supported? Plans/Sections and Elevations etc (like Skindigo supports)

Thanks again!

fused
Developer

Post by fused » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:55 am

fractal.design wrote:Great, thanks for the quick update :D

This version works very well on my Windows 7 x64 install with Revit 2014.

However I didn't notice a checkbox for GPU rendering anywhere, am I missing something?

Also, when will other views be supported? Plans/Sections and Elevations etc (like Skindigo supports)

Thanks again!
Good to hear!

We haven't even considered other views yet. How do you think should plans/sections and elevations be rendered?

Will add the GPU checkbox.

fractal.design

Post by fractal.design » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:50 pm

Great, yes orthographic/parallel projection renders would be nice (the same as how sketchup does them would be good I guess? what do you mean?). And great about GPU, awesome.

I've discovered a bug:
indigo will give a
"Scene parsing error: Mesh with name 'portal' already defined; mesh names must be unique. (In element 'mesh', around line 276, column 5)"
error if the "Daylight Portal Options" are checked for windows in Revit (View - Render - Render settings - quality - edit)

I assume this is why the sun doesn't fall into the interior (through the glass)

Also, how do I set lamps to be on different indigo light layers?

fused
Developer

Post by fused » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:29 pm

fractal.design wrote:Great, yes orthographic/parallel projection renders would be nice (the same as how sketchup does them would be good I guess? what do you mean?). And great about GPU, awesome.
Orthographic views should work already. I thought you meant 2D plans/sections and elevations.
fractal.design wrote:I've discovered a bug:
indigo will give a
"Scene parsing error: Mesh with name 'portal' already defined; mesh names must be unique. (In element 'mesh', around line 276, column 5)"
error if the "Daylight Portal Options" are checked for windows in Revit (View - Render - Render settings - quality - edit)

What Indigo version are you using?
fractal.design wrote:Also, how do I set lamps to be on different indigo light layers?
That's not possible yet, but we will add that at some point.

fused
Developer

Post by fused » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:28 am

fused wrote:
fractal.design wrote:I've discovered a bug:
indigo will give a

What Indigo version are you using?
I fixed the error message and also disabled daylight portals for now. Support for dayligh portals was only enabld for testing purposes.

Revit and Indigo daylight portals are not quite compatible at the moment. This will likely change in future versions.

Thank you very much for reporting these issues.

fractal.design

Post by fractal.design » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:21 am

Great.

Oh ok, I'll test the orthographic views out now.

And yes 2D plans/sections like how sketchup does them would be great (to be able to select a plan view via the indigo menu would be ideal)

Cheers

fractal.design

Post by fractal.design » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:15 am

Orthographic (non perspective) views do not render in indigo:
Image 388.jpg
Hidden Line view in Revit
Image 389.jpg
Render view in Indigo
Render view in Indigo

fractal.design

Post by fractal.design » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:17 am

Also, another bug. Lamps render quite differently with GPU enabled
Attachments
Revit6_exterior_IndigoGPU-lamps-only.jpg
With GPU enabled
Revit6_exterior_Indigo-lamps-only.jpg

Headroom
Indigo 100

Post by Headroom » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:23 am

Hey, did you make sure that after enabling GPU rendering you are still using the same render mode ?

E.g in the Indigo GUI , say you have Bidir MLT enabled and then switch to GPU rendering it will automatically switch the render mode to Pathtracing as that is the only render, mode that currently enjoys GPU support.
iMac 2.93 GHz Quad Core i7. 12 GB memory
ATI Radeon HD 5750M 1024 MB
OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite
Blender 2.72, Blendigo 3.8.25, Indigo 3.8.26

Trippy Lighting LLC - Colorful LED lighting systems
High Power RGB LED driver - Blog

fractal.design

Post by fractal.design » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:43 pm

Headroom wrote:Hey, did you make sure that after enabling GPU rendering you are still using the same render mode?
No I did not, thanks for clearing that up ;)

fused
Developer

Post by fused » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:18 pm

fractal.design wrote:Orthographic (non perspective) views do not render in indigo:
Image 388.jpg
Image 389.jpg
Render view in Indigo
Hi,

we fixed orthographic 3D views in 3.6.25:

http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... 38&t=12694

Not entirely sure what needs to be done to support plans and elevations, but we will have a look at it.

Best regards,
Yves

12 posts • Page 1 of 1