Scale, measure of maps, Revit

Announcements, requests and support regarding Indigo for Revit
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Rado Volmut

Scale, measure of maps, Revit

Post by Rado Volmut » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:55 am

Hello

I would like to ask about the scale of maps, converting from Revit to Indigo. We use metric system. It looks like that Indigo use Feets, But I dont understand how the units convert. For example map is 1meter in revit = -0,3048 in Indigo, but scale increase and decrese inverse, for example 2meters = -0,1524; 0,5meter = -0,6069....etc.....

Anyway is quite complicated for us, ok, but I´m totally confused by using External material choice in Revit....for example...I want to use map 500x500mm....first time convert from revit to -0,6069. Then save the material. In next step I want to use as External material in Revit, set up Sample width to 500mm...after converting ,material in indigo will be 2,0...map will be to big...if I would like to have the same -0,6069 ( thas the right size 500mm ) in cant to setup Sample width in Revit. In the folder it creates the new material with suffix xxx_revigo_edited.igm, but with weird scales. :?: :!:

Can you please help anyone to do with this, or/and do you know about sme update that solve this ? Or settings of units in Indigo ? :idea:

Thanks

fused
Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Re: Scale, measure of maps, Revit

Post by fused » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:19 am

Rado Volmut wrote:Hello

I would like to ask about the scale of maps, converting from Revit to Indigo. We use metric system. It looks like that Indigo use Feets, But I dont understand how the units convert. For example map is 1meter in revit = -0,3048 in Indigo, but scale increase and decrese inverse, for example 2meters = -0,1524; 0,5meter = -0,6069....etc.....

Anyway is quite complicated for us, ok, but I´m totally confused by using External material choice in Revit....for example...I want to use map 500x500mm....first time convert from revit to -0,6069. Then save the material. In next step I want to use as External material in Revit, set up Sample width to 500mm...after converting ,material in indigo will be 2,0...map will be to big...if I would like to have the same -0,6069 ( thas the right size 500mm ) in cant to setup Sample width in Revit. In the folder it creates the new material with suffix xxx_revigo_edited.igm, but with weird scales. :?: :!:

Can you please help anyone to do with this, or/and do you know about sme update that solve this ? Or settings of units in Indigo ? :idea:

Thanks
Hi Rado,

Revit uses feet internally for all meshes *and* texture coordinates. Indigo for Revit converts the meshes to meters but leaves the UV coordinates in feet, so the texture scaling needs to account for that.

This is why the scaling on textures will have these not so straight forward values inside Indigo.

Try making a 2x2m wall in Revit, apply a square texture (for example 1024x1024px) and set the sample width to 1000mm in the Indigo material editor in Revit. The texture should be tiled exactly twice over the wall.

Also, I am not sure if I understood the the problem with the external materials correctly. Can you try to explain it with screenshots maybe?

Kind regards,
Yves

Rado Volmut

Re: Scale, measure of maps, Revit

Post by Rado Volmut » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:14 pm

Hi

thanx for reply. I have no time to reply prompt. Conversion of maps as you described works fine. Thats ok. But If you want to use saved files (igm) in revit , settting the "external material" in edit material dialog window, there is a problem.

Saved material igm - texture size : 1 x 1
Indigo edit material window - sample size/ratio : 1000 / 1
Export - Indigo renderer - texture size : 1 x 1 ( but the right scale 1x1m in model is -0,3048 x -0,3048 )

After som tests, the unhappy result is :
I found, that texture size in saved material igm is overide after exporting from revit.
If I want the right size in model 1x1m , I must set scale in Revit / Indigo edit material window - sample size 3280,8 mm spect ratio 1...

Is any other easier way to solve conversion scales ?

3 posts • Page 1 of 1