error when trying to render

Announcements, requests and support regarding Indigo for Revit
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
aprincipe

error when trying to render

Post by aprincipe » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:33 pm

I cannot render in revit 2011 as everytime I try to click render with indigo it loads up but then says cannot render and gives an error.
A problem occurred with the scene:
SceneLoaderExcep: ObjectExcep: No such uv set 'UVTex' (In element 'model', around line 35258, column 5)
Indigo version: Indigo Renderer v2.6.1, Windows 64-bit build.
Does anyone know how to fix this? thanks

Doug Armand
Indigo 100

Re: error when trying to render

Post by Doug Armand » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:24 pm

probably a mismatch between UV names on object/material between Revit and Indigo. The default UV names for materials for Indigo is default. Especially important if your using materials downloaded from the database here as most use default as the UV name. UVtext is the default UV name given when using Blender - any of your objects created in that?

BTW I don't use Revit so I may be wroing on all this :roll:
Doug

Doug Armand

aprincipe

Post by aprincipe » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:11 pm

How do i check if it was made in UVtext? Sorry I'm completely new at this lol. And yes downloaded materials from the website and used those

Doug Armand
Indigo 100

Post by Doug Armand » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:23 pm

aprincipe wrote:How do i check if it was made in UVtext? Sorry I'm completely new at this lol. And yes downloaded materials from the website and used those
UVTex is the name the program Blender gives to a UV by default. So I assume the model your using was created in that? But unfortunately I dont use Revit so I don't know how you would change it. Try checking your models and see what if any are using a UV called UVTex? UV's are the co-ordinates that are used to tell a program like Revit, Blender, Indigo etc just how to wrap your material to the model.

Sorry I can't be of any more help
Doug

Doug Armand

aprincipe

Post by aprincipe » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:24 pm

Doug Armand wrote:
aprincipe wrote:How do i check if it was made in UVtext? Sorry I'm completely new at this lol. And yes downloaded materials from the website and used those
UVTex is the name the program Blender gives to a UV by default. So I assume the model your using was created in that? But unfortunately I dont use Revit so I don't know how you would change it. Try checking your models and see what if any are using a UV called UVTex? UV's are the co-ordinates that are used to tell a program like Revit, Blender, Indigo etc just how to wrap your material to the model.

Sorry I can't be of any more help
No, I used revit and not blender. I'll check in the morning about thr UV's and UVTex's. Thanks

aprincipe

Post by aprincipe » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:01 am

I made a test screen and used a few different materials I downloaded from the website. When certain materials are used it gives that error so I'm guessing that some materials don't work with indigo for revit. I would try making materials but I have no clue how to do that,

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:38 am

Hi aprincipe,

you can formulate materials requests in the Materials forum. Many Indigo users like the exercise (including myself), and you are likely to learn some bits this way.

These errors are in fact issued from the modeling environment of every uploader, who is not always aware of the expected conventions. Those materials are unusable as is in most cases, though the fix is easy as suggested.

I think that matDB entries should be processed automatically by the server, much like Indigo does when packing stuff. REQ :D
obsolete asset

7 posts • Page 1 of 1