Cannot render masses + mesh errors

Announcements, requests and support regarding Indigo for Revit
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
caonima

Cannot render masses + mesh errors

Post by caonima » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:13 pm

Greetings. I'm trying out the Beta 4 plugin on Revit 2011 x64 with Indigo 2.6.1 x64. Maybe I'm just missing something, but I can't render masses. I've tried Googling for any information about this issue, but haven't been able to find anything. This would be a deal breaker because our site models are all masses. Fortunately, Toposurfaces do render. Is this just a limitation of the current plugin? I have done/discovered the following:
  • Neither In-Place Masses nor Conceptual Mass families work.
  • "Show Mass" is on and Mass is checked under Visibility/Graphics.
  • I am using the default "Default Form" material for the masses, but with transparency turned off.
  • With all the same settings, masses render fine with Revit's built-in renderer.
A workaround would be to use the Model by Face tools to turn the masses into walls and roofs, but that would be time-consuming and make our already heavy Revit projects much heavier.

I've also been experiencing another issue when I try to export a fairly large site model made up of mass families:
A problem occurred with the scene:

SceneLoaderExcep: Model tried to use undefined mesh 'RevitMesh'. (In element 'model', around line 23, column 5)
Thanks for any help or insight you can provide.

fused
Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Re: Cannot render masses + mesh errors

Post by fused » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:28 pm

caonima wrote:Greetings. I'm trying out the Beta 4 plugin on Revit 2011 x64 with Indigo 2.6.1 x64. Maybe I'm just missing something, but I can't render masses. I've tried Googling for any information about this issue, but haven't been able to find anything. This would be a deal breaker because our site models are all masses. Fortunately, Toposurfaces do render. Is this just a limitation of the current plugin? I have done/discovered the following:
  • Neither In-Place Masses nor Conceptual Mass families work.
  • "Show Mass" is on and Mass is checked under Visibility/Graphics.
  • I am using the default "Default Form" material for the masses, but with transparency turned off.
  • With all the same settings, masses render fine with Revit's built-in renderer.
A workaround would be to use the Model by Face tools to turn the masses into walls and roofs, but that would be time-consuming and make our already heavy Revit projects much heavier.

I've also been experiencing another issue when I try to export a fairly large site model made up of mass families:
A problem occurred with the scene:

SceneLoaderExcep: Model tried to use undefined mesh 'RevitMesh'. (In element 'model', around line 23, column 5)
Thanks for any help or insight you can provide.

Hey caonima,

Masses are currently disabled completely in the export, so you wont have any luck rendering them.

I will reenable them in the next beta an make the exporter read out the enabled/disabled state of those porperly.

About the "Model tried to use undefined mesh 'RevitMesh'." error: I have seen this issue before and it usually happens when no geometry was exported at all. If your whole project was made out of masses only, then that is likely to be the root of the problem.

Both issues will be adressed in the next release, which will happen before the current beta expires (which is on the 1st of december).

Thank you for trying Indigo for Revit.

Regards,
Yves

caonima

Post by caonima » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:07 am

Thank you very much for the reply. If you could better document such limitations in future betas, I'm sure all users would greatly appreciate it. I look forward to Beta 5 within the next couple days!

caonima

Post by caonima » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:57 am

fused,

I am trying the new Beta 5 today. It worked on a simple test scene with a couple simple masses. However, on a real project file I'm working on with a number of more complex mass families, it did not work. I attached a screen cap of the error message.

Thank you.
Attachments
revigo.png
Error message

4 posts • Page 1 of 1