A few issues

Announcements, requests and support regarding Indigo for Revit
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
Creationds

A few issues

Post by Creationds » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:16 am

Hello Everyone

I am new to Indigo and am having a few issues as follows. (running windows 7 and Revit 2011)

1. Whenever I set a scene in revit and then hit render in Indigo the camera will jump forward about 2 meters or more, it is quite hard to set the actual scene you want to capture

2. Although the scenes in Indio are looking reasonable they are quite dull and lack good light, rendering the same scene in Revit is coming aout with alot more clarity at the moment

3. Even after 12 hours of rendering the scenes are still a bit grainy (any tips) I see some of the images in the gallery and assume I can get images to somewhere near that level just not at the moment!

4. Getting some of the materials into revit has been tricky, once I have downloaded a material and unpacked it how do I get a small sample image to import, at the moment I have let some of the materials that didnt come with those smaple render in the material editor same them to jpeg open them in paint and cut a square smaple out.....very new to thematerial side of things!

If any one could give me some pointers that would be greatlt appreciated

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Re: A few issues

Post by Zom-B » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:44 am

Creationds wrote:2. Although the scenes in Indio are looking reasonable they are quite dull and lack good light, rendering the same scene in Revit is coming out with a lot more clarity at the moment
Standard tonemapping is rainhard... change tonemapping to camera in Indigo GUI, and play around with some of the models for more interesting images :)
polygonmanufaktur.de

Creationds

Post by Creationds » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:42 pm

Thanks ZOM B

I have managed to get some better results by doing this and also lowring the pixels.

Some of the camera issues are still bugging me, I have worked out that for interir scenes you need to check the region seting in render because Indigo will automatically assume its on. Exterior scenes is another issue, setting the camera view in revit to a perspective view wont seem to work at all in Indigo comes up with an error message. Also revit trees dont render in Indigo, not sure how to get trees into my scenes then

Any tips??

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:29 pm

Creationds wrote:Exterior scenes is another issue, setting the camera view in revit to a perspective view wont seem to work at all in Indigo comes up with an error message.
Such "faked" camera styles that Revit and other 3D apps have, aren't supported by Indigo!
You have to set up your camera views using the standard 3D camera, to keep physical parameters that can be transfered to Indigo
To get a isometric camera for example you have to put your camera far far away from the scene, and then zoom. By this you get a isometric view...
polygonmanufaktur.de

Creationds

Post by Creationds » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:37 am

Strangley the perspective views seem to work for interiors but not exterior views. In the exterior view the standard 3D view doesnt work comes up with the following error.

---------------------------
Indigo for Revit
Scene could not be rendered for this reason: UHOH: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Revigo2011 at Glare.Revit.IndigoExporter.MeshExporter.processGeometryObjectArray(GeometryObjectArray objects, Category parentCategory, ManagedIndigoMesh imesh, String exportPath, TextWriter tw, Dictionary`2 indigo_mesh_for_geom, String default_mesh_material)

at Glare.Revit.IndigoExporter.MeshExporter.processGeometryObjectArray(GeometryObjectArray objects, Category parentCategory, ManagedIndigoMesh imesh, String exportPath, TextWriter tw, Dictionary`2 indigo_mesh_for_geom, String default_mesh_material)

at Glare.Revit.IndigoExporter.MeshExporter.ExportMeshes()

If this problem persists, please contact support@indigorenderer.com for assistance.

I would be happy if I could render in the standard 3D view. Any idea what this error message means??

Thanks

fused
Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by fused » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:14 am

Hi Creationds,
Creationds wrote:Hello Everyone

I am new to Indigo and am having a few issues as follows. (running windows 7 and Revit 2011)

1. Whenever I set a scene in revit and then hit render in Indigo the camera will jump forward about 2 meters or more, it is quite hard to set the actual scene you want to capture
Could it be that the field of view is changing, not the camera position? Indigo for Revit currently can't read the field of view from the 3D view and the is no option or it currently (will be added in the next version).

Creationds wrote:3. Even after 12 hours of rendering the scenes are still a bit grainy (any tips) I see some of the images in the gallery and assume I can get images to somewhere near that level just not at the moment!
You would have to render them for longer, or you could use network rendering to speed up the process.
Creationds wrote:4. Getting some of the materials into revit has been tricky, once I have downloaded a material and unpacked it how do I get a small sample image to import, at the moment I have let some of the materials that didnt come with those smaple render in the material editor same them to jpeg open them in paint and cut a square smaple out.....very new to thematerial side of things!
Sorry I'm not quite sure what you mean, can you maybe explain with some screenshots?

fused
Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by fused » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:16 am

Creationds wrote:Strangley the perspective views seem to work for interiors but not exterior views. In the exterior view the standard 3D view doesnt work comes up with the following error.

Indigo for Revit
Scene could not be rendered for this reason: UHOH: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Revigo2011 at Glare.Revit.IndigoExporter.MeshExporter.processGeometryObjectArray(GeometryObjectArray objects, Category parentCategory, ManagedIndigoMesh imesh, String exportPath, TextWriter tw, Dictionary`2 indigo_mesh_for_geom, String default_mesh_material)

at Glare.Revit.IndigoExporter.MeshExporter.processGeometryObjectArray(GeometryObjectArray objects, Category parentCategory, ManagedIndigoMesh imesh, String exportPath, TextWriter tw, Dictionary`2 indigo_mesh_for_geom, String default_mesh_material)

at Glare.Revit.IndigoExporter.MeshExporter.ExportMeshes()

If this problem persists, please contact support@indigorenderer.com for assistance.

I would be happy if I could render in the standard 3D view. Any idea what this error message means??

Thanks
Thats one interesting problem. Do you use sections? Sections are not fully supported currently (and could cause problems, maybe). If so, what happens if you turn off the section in the view?

Regards

Creationds

Post by Creationds » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:53 pm

Thanks Fused

First on the materials side of things.
Ive downloaded some of the materials from the website, but not all them materials come with bump maps / material tile that you upload into Revit's material library, just wonering how you go about creating the say 4000mm x 4000mm matrial sample you upload. The same would pply to if I make a new material in the Indigo material editor once you have made a material how do you make the tile samples for loading into program (as it is a sphere in the material editor) hope that makes sense.

Secondly

I am in the standard 3D view in Revit (no sections) and it comes up with the error everytime, no matter what drawing I have open they are all the same.

Do you also know if the trees / plants from revit will render in Indigo or does Indigo not support theses items

Thanks heaps for your help. It will be a great renderer fo Revit once a few bugs are ironed out!

TCole

Post by TCole » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:27 am

I am recieving the same UHOH error message as posted above. I tried removing all sections, but this still has not solved the issue. Please help.

9 posts • Page 1 of 1