Come here for help & support.
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
Bosseye

Resuming buffer num layers does not match: 3 vs 2

Post by Bosseye » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:43 am

Hi all,

I get the following error when trying to resume a render from an IGI file:

Resuming buffer num layers does not match: 3 vs 2

Just had a power cut and lost the running render. What does the error mean? Can I fix it?

Thanks

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Re: Resuming buffer num layers does not match: 3 vs 2

Post by Zom-B » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:57 am

Can you load the IGI for tonemapping into Indigo at all?
It seems that your scene missmatches the amount of LightLayers, maybe even render channels.
MAybe you added some render channel in the previously crashed render by hand and have that not active in the IGS of scene?!
polygonmanufaktur.de

Bosseye

Post by Bosseye » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:32 pm

Huh, I've started the render again last night, the backup IGI files work fine. I don't need to use them, but they're fine.

Maybe just a random error for the previous render then? The IGI gave the appearance of loading, the OpenGL preview window shows the model but then the error pops up. So no, I couldn't get it into Indigo for tonemapping. I'd not made any amendments to the render; I'd started rendering, powercut happened after a few hours, so I loaded the auto backup IGI and this error.

Oh well!

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:43 pm

You can load a IGI directly in Indigo, not by resuming it, but opening the file.
Great that the problem wasn't permanent.
polygonmanufaktur.de

zeitmeister
2nd Place 100

Post by zeitmeister » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:12 pm

My collegue has the same error yesterday... maybe I can validate that thing today.
Cheers, David

DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64

Bosseye

Post by Bosseye » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:56 am

Another weird one - another power cut (don't ask!), two renders running from two different model files, both shut down. So I tried resuming the first render from the IGI file loaded up ok and started rendering....but then I checked back a few minutes later and its rendering one image with a ghost image of the other render that was also running over the top. So I had an office view running with a ghostly toilet over the top.

Most mysterious! Can't even begin to image why its mixing two entirely different renders.

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:29 am

open up the igi directly in Indigo to check its content, maybe you mixed up scenes and IGIs for resuming.
If resolution, super sampling value and Light Layers match Indigo will resume the rendering even if it is from a totally diferent scene, and then merge the new calculations like a ghoste over the old ones.
polygonmanufaktur.de

yonosoy

Post by yonosoy » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:04 am

The thing is that the IGI is pointing to the last quickrender scene exported (there is only one). In your case, the second image is the last export. This is because the first IGI has a double exposition (from the two scenes). Is interesant to play with double expositions...

The procedure is to save the pigs, to delete the quickrender, and when you resume the IGI then Indigo will ask for the pigs. Then save again the IGI and it is pointing to the correct pigs or igs.

Hope this helps to clarify something...
"... nor 0.2 galaxys, nor 0.8 little chikens ..."

8 posts • Page 1 of 1