Render Settings

Come here for help & support.
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
JorgenAl

Render Settings

Post by JorgenAl » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:29 am

Hi,

I have a iMac 27" With 8GB ram and 2GB GPU.

Now i have great problems with rendering, it takes me up to 12 hours before i get a "good" image.

What are the best render settings i can use? And what can make the render takes so long ?

also i have included the file i rendered for 12 hours.
Attachments
Schermafbeelding 2016-12-27 om 19.28.42.png
Keuken.jpg

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Re: Render Settings

Post by Oscar J » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:44 pm

Hi!

Have you tried exit portals? http://www.indigorenderer.com/documenta ... s-sketchup

Does your iMac have an i5 or i7?

JorgenAl

Post by JorgenAl » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:00 am

Ive got an i5

Actually i cant make an Exit protal, the edit active mesh doesnt show me this option.

Here is my SU file : https://ufile.io/a7edc

Oscar J
1st Place Winner

Post by Oscar J » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:26 am

I think it's in the material settings these days. :)

JorgenAl

Post by JorgenAl » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:19 am

I tried to putting the exit portals to the outside of the windows. 1 face nothing and the outer face as an exit portal.

After 30 minutes of rendering with Bi-Dir path( 30MIN ) & Bi-Dir MLT ( 30MINOthe r) i got still slow results.
Attachments
30MINOther.jpg
30MIN.jpg

FakeShamus

Post by FakeShamus » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:23 am

there are a few things to check.
if you have glass in your windows or covering your other light sources, make sure you're using architectural glass material or just take out the glass completely.

the noise is probably mostly coming from your multiple smaller light sources, though. so try assigning the lights to different light layers and turning them on and off, you will see immediately which lights are causing the most noise. the noise often comes from small, lower-intensity light sources being sampled less than the bigger environment light, so you will need to crank up the emission power on the noisy lights and then lower their intensity in the layer settings to get the right brightness.

JorgenAl

Post by JorgenAl » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:59 am

FakeShamus wrote:there are a few things to check.
if you have glass in your windows or covering your other light sources, make sure you're using architectural glass material or just take out the glass completely.

the noise is probably mostly coming from your multiple smaller light sources, though. so try assigning the lights to different light layers and turning them on and off, you will see immediately which lights are causing the most noise. the noise often comes from small, lower-intensity light sources being sampled less than the bigger environment light, so you will need to crank up the emission power on the noisy lights and then lower their intensity in the layer settings to get the right brightness.

After a 30 minutes render test i think the problem is in my scene .... This renders very quicker than mine
Attachments
render test.jpg

Oscar J
1st Place Winner

Post by Oscar J » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:23 pm

It is indeed your scene, you're using HDRI and many small artificial lights. That will increase the render time. Fakeshamus suggestions are good I'd say.

8 posts • Page 1 of 1