Page 1 of 1

OpenCL Black Hair Artifacts

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:00 pm
by TonyD
I had a very helpful response to a question today, so I was thinking I'd press my luck again 8)

In general, why might I be getting Black Hair Artifacts when using Path Tracing with OpenCL enabled, but not when using Path Tracing with OpenCL off?

What could OpenCL introduce that would cause the artifacts?
FSB 3 Indigo PathTracing.jpg
Path Tracing (no OpenCL) = no artifacts (GOOD)
FSB 3 Indigo PathTracing OpenCL.jpg
Path Tracing OpenCL Enabled = artifacts (BAD)
Thank You!

Re: OpenCL Black Hair Artifacts

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:57 pm
by OriginalplanĀ®
Hey TonyD! First Welcome to Indigo!! :P
It's really simple OpenCL is still in development..there are still some minimal material bugs etc.

Re: OpenCL Black Hair Artifacts

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:23 am
by TonyD
Thank you!
-Tony D