Indigo Export Help

Come here for help & support.
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
Jerome_Toloko123

Indigo Export Help

Post by Jerome_Toloko123 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:05 am

Hey there!
I wanted to export an animation from Cinema 4D to Indigo to render it out.
As I am quite new to Indigo I wanted to ask a simple question:
Is it normal that after 30 Minutes of the "Exporting" Window, still nothing happens?
Its not that complex of a scene, so I was rather confused that it takes so long and that I see no end to it.

Replies would be nice :)

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Re: Indigo Export Help

Post by Zom-B » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:13 am

check the C4D console, there you see what exactly happens.
polygonmanufaktur.de

Jerome_Toloko123

Post by Jerome_Toloko123 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:03 am

Zom-B wrote:check the C4D console, there you see what exactly happens.
Apparently it exports each frame into one scene, any tips on how to reduce export times? each frame takes about 1 minute to export..

Jerome_Toloko123

Post by Jerome_Toloko123 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:36 am

Zom-B wrote:check the C4D console, there you see what exactly happens.
Also takes up hell of a space, nearly 70GB just for 60 Frames..I have about 300, and I dont have enough, what do I do?

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:34 am

Jerome_Toloko123 wrote:Also takes up hell of a space, nearly 70GB just for 60 Frames..I have about 300, and I dont have enough, what do I do?
Sound like you have some mesh that transforms for each frame, like a ocean surface inside a HyperNurbs...

Its also possible that you use a lot of C4D filters and shaders, in this case that texture gets baked on export, this can take time. Check your export path directory what exactly is that big igmesh files or baked textures!

Best is you give us more information about your Scene.

Finally there is no need to export all 300 frame sat once, start in 50 frame bundles, render them, delete the export files and render the next...
polygonmanufaktur.de

Jerome_Toloko123

Post by Jerome_Toloko123 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:06 am

Zom-B wrote:
Jerome_Toloko123 wrote:Also takes up hell of a space, nearly 70GB just for 60 Frames..I have about 300, and I dont have enough, what do I do?
Sound like you have some mesh that transforms for each frame, like a ocean surface inside a HyperNurbs...

Its also possible that you use a lot of C4D filters and shaders, in this case that texture gets baked on export, this can take time. Check your export path directory what exactly is that big igmesh files or baked textures!

Best is you give us more information about your Scene.

Finally there is no need to export all 300 frame sat once, start in 50 frame bundles, render them, delete the export files and render the next...
Oh haha, yes I had a layer with a (moving) displacement effector in a Subdivision Surface (Aka Hypernurbs) which also had a (moving) texture, as I wanted to create some kind of "flowing" fog.
Else I only have some lanterns swinging left and right, also the cameras are moving, I dont know if those affect it too, just saying.

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:20 pm

Only the baked textures and transforming mesh should be the issue here.

For the mesh try to use Indigo SubDiv modifier instead of Hypernurbs. Then Indigo does some HyperNurbs like subdivision on runtime of your basemesh >>link. For the Texture you define the baking resolution in them bottom area of the Material. I would think about doing an 5 seconds loop of the shader, prebake that and use this textures instead of the shader.
polygonmanufaktur.de

Jerome_Toloko123

Post by Jerome_Toloko123 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:38 am

Zom-B wrote:Only the baked textures and transforming mesh should be the issue here.

For the mesh try to use Indigo SubDiv modifier instead of Hypernurbs. Then Indigo does some HyperNurbs like subdivision on runtime of your basemesh >>link. For the Texture you define the baking resolution in them bottom area of the Material. I would think about doing an 5 seconds loop of the shader, prebake that and use this textures instead of the shader.
Well, I dont know if the baking is possible with a Blend Material, if so it would be great to define better where to look for what.
But only using the Subdivision Tag instead of the HyperNurbs reduced the export time per frame to 8 Seconds (from 1 Minute) and the file size per frame to 150MB (from 1,2GB) so thats great :)

8 posts • Page 1 of 1