Indigo HDRI problems

Come here for help & support.
Jerome_Toloko123

Re: Indigo HDRI problems

Post by Jerome_Toloko123 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:52 am

Oscar J wrote:Glad it's working for you. Regarding the lanterns, you might have to crank up the brightness quite a lot more than you'd think to make them visible. You could also try assigning them to a light layer (one of the best things with Indigo) and play around with the brightness and colour until it looks right.

Okay, set the mode to blackbody, looks quite nice now..only thing is that there are these little points everywhere reflecting, where they shouldnt be..

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:06 am

:)

They're fireflies, and they can be prevented by using higher Supersampling factor, like 4 or 5, and/or the rendering method BiDir with MLT. Sounds like somebody needs to have a look over at FAQ/Manual section. :wink:

FakeShamus

Post by FakeShamus » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:28 am

Jerome_Toloko123 wrote: Okay, set the mode to blackbody, looks quite nice now..only thing is that there are these little points everywhere reflecting, where they shouldnt be..
this can also be helped by trying to match the intensity of your light sources. if your env map is relatively weak in emission scale compared to the lantern light (or vice versa) it will be sampled less "importantly" than the stronger light source and you will get very coarse sampling. trick is to try and match the level of emission for all your light sources and then balance them using the light layers panel.

Jerome_Toloko123

Post by Jerome_Toloko123 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:13 am

FakeShamus wrote:
Jerome_Toloko123 wrote: Okay, set the mode to blackbody, looks quite nice now..only thing is that there are these little points everywhere reflecting, where they shouldnt be..
this can also be helped by trying to match the intensity of your light sources. if your env map is relatively weak in emission scale compared to the lantern light (or vice versa) it will be sampled less "importantly" than the stronger light source and you will get very coarse sampling. trick is to try and match the level of emission for all your light sources and then balance them using the light layers panel.
Well I'm just going to drop this screenshot here, maybe you'll have a clearer idea of whats going on :)

http://prntscr.com/a0mwj5

Oscar J
1st Place Winner

Post by Oscar J » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:35 am

Yeah, my tips will help with those fireflies.

You could also try to use Arch glass on your lanterns instead of normal glass.

FakeShamus

Post by FakeShamus » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:41 am

yes, looking at your image, in this case it's probably mostly due to the glass, as Oscar J mentions.
either eliminate the glass from in front of your light sources or use the arch glass.

Jerome_Toloko123

Post by Jerome_Toloko123 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:35 am

Oscar J wrote:Yeah, my tips will help with those fireflies.

You could also try to use Arch glass on your lanterns instead of normal glass.
Arch glass is architectural glass right?
I looked for the option but couldnt find it right now, I have Indigo 3.8.12 by the way.

Jerome_Toloko123

Post by Jerome_Toloko123 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:14 am

FakeShamus wrote:yes, looking at your image, in this case it's probably mostly due to the glass, as Oscar J mentions.
either eliminate the glass from in front of your light sources or use the arch glass.
I checked in both Cinema4D and in Indigo, but sadly couldnt really find it...can you tell me more about it?

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:18 am

Best update to the latest version, so problems that have been fixed since your 3.8.12 doesn't come up anymore: http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... =1&t=13849

The archglass checkbox is in the C4D Material in the transparency settings.
polygonmanufaktur.de

Jerome_Toloko123

Post by Jerome_Toloko123 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:33 am

Zom-B wrote:Best update to the latest version, so problems that have been fixed since your 3.8.12 doesn't come up anymore: http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... =1&t=13849

The archglass checkbox is in the C4D Material in the transparency settings.
Archglass made it worse I think..: http://prntscr.com/a0pyy5

Oscar J
1st Place Winner

Post by Oscar J » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:36 am

Glass normals problem I think.

To be honest I think you need to experiment a little more by yourself, and read through the manual, tutorials etc. And try the tips we've already given you. :wink:

Jerome_Toloko123

Post by Jerome_Toloko123 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:14 am

Oscar J wrote:Glass normals problem I think.
http://prntscr.com/a0qcwq

Actually, the problem isn't coming from the glass, I removed the Objects which had the glass material on them in the screenshot, so it might be a problem of the lightsource, not the glass material..and I dont know where to start searching for this :/

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:25 am

Oscar J wrote:To be honest I think you need to experiment a little more by yourself, and read through the manual, tutorials etc. And try the tips we've already given you. :wink:
I only can second that. Learning 3D is a lot about trial and error, a road everybody of us needs to go. You seem to miss quite some basics that are general in the 3D world and can be adapted to other render engines as well...
polygonmanufaktur.de

Jerome_Toloko123

Post by Jerome_Toloko123 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:57 am

Zom-B wrote:
Oscar J wrote:To be honest I think you need to experiment a little more by yourself, and read through the manual, tutorials etc. And try the tips we've already given you. :wink:
I only can second that. Learning 3D is a lot about trial and error, a road everybody of us needs to go. You seem to miss quite some basics that are general in the 3D world and can be adapted to other render engines as well...
Okay so I figured some stuff out and am pretty happy with the outcome: http://prntscr.com/a0sq8d

I would like to have the Sky a little bit desaturated, may have to look into that later on :)

Oscar J
1st Place Winner

Post by Oscar J » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:23 pm

Cool, a bit dark and as you say, a tad too blue maybe. But pretty good for a first scene, not the easiest scene to start off with either. :)

You do know you can attach the images here directly, right?

31 posts