Infinite White and Light Intensity

Come here for help & support.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Tom Zandt-Valentine

Infinite White and Light Intensity

Post by Tom Zandt-Valentine » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:44 am

Hi,

So I am fairly new to the renderer and have a couple of questions which I am hoping you guys could help me with.

I am trying to display a product on a white background whilst having shadows and a reflection on the floor. In C4D I would usually use the compositing tag with a background object in order to 'catch' shadows however this doesn't work with indigo.

I deleted the background object and then swapped to the built in environment settings and followed the tutorial on compositing with shadow pass: http://www.indigorenderer.com/documenta ... s-tutorial

So here are my questions.

1. Is there a way to just add a shadow catcher without having to composite afterwards as I would with the compositing tag normally?

2. How do I adjust the intensity of the RGB lights as i cannot find a control for them?

Im using the reinhard method and so i fear the light adjustments are not showing up, however if i change to linear or camera then the scene just goes black?

Thanks
Tom

Silverwing

Re: Infinite White and Light Intensity

Post by Silverwing » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:06 am

Hi Tom,

I unfortunately can´t tell you how to comp with Indigo or if its even possible.

Just a small note that you probably also know:
As reflections are comped additive you probably only will see them in shadow areas (when having a white background)

I at least might help you to set up a linear scene. e.G. getting things (near) overexposed:
The light sources are generally pretty weak. Therefore you get a black render when setting the global light mapping settings to linear. I have attached a scene with a linear output settings. Hopefully this will help you to at least answer some questions.

Edit:
Sorry was not aware that you also need the meshes that come extra... Exchanged the scene with hopefully now all assets!

Cheers,
Raphael
Attachments
Linear_Scene.rar
(6.14 KiB) Downloaded 303 times
You don´t dream in cryo.

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:04 am

Silverwing, you have to save as .pigs to get all the files packed. :) Can't open the attached scene, unfortunately.

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:08 am

Also, unfortunately it is not currently possible to use the shadow catcher without compositing.

4 posts • Page 1 of 1