Render Queue and image settings

Come here for help & support.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
Bosseye

Render Queue and image settings

Post by Bosseye » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:49 pm

I'm trying out the render queue for the first time. I have 3 renders to run over the weekend and I want each one to take advantage of the 3 slaves PCs I have connected via network rendering. Network rendering seems to default to help first scene only; with multiple scenes running concurrently in multiple copies of Indigo only one seems to use network rendering.

So I've queued up my 3 scenes, set them up to stop at 10,000spp at which point the next one starts and receives the full benefit of the slave PCs too.

So, question:

Each scene requires some tinkering with the white value/light layers etc during render.
I've done this for the first scene currently rendering so the .png file Indigo automatically outputs will be fine.

Is there a way to do this for scenes queued? At the moment with their default values they will spit out a .png file with the wrong white balance and likely the light layers needing a tweak.

I can just resume the 10,000spp render from the .IGI and then alter the settings I want then and re-save a revised .png image, but I'd prefer a more elegant way to do it if possible.

Thanks,

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Re: Render Queue and image settings

Post by Zom-B » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:07 am

you can save your custome whitepoint in the igs file:

Code: Select all

<white_point>
			0.25 0.39			
		</white_point>
Saving the IGI file you can simply resume the rendering, set your whitepoint, and then save your PNG file too.
polygonmanufaktur.de

Bosseye

Post by Bosseye » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:43 pm

Ok cheers.

Render queue didn't work anyway. Before setting it all going, I tested it with the 3 images I wanted setting each to stop after 10spp and all worked fine, outputted ok. Set it all up to run over the weekend for 10,000spp. First one ran ok, stopped, the next one apparently threw up a scene parsing error (despite working fine a few minutes earlier) and it all ground to a halt so I've only got one finished image and still 2 to do. No idea what happened there then :/

Guess thats me using the renderfarm this morning then! :roll:

doreamon

Post by doreamon » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:04 pm

How does indigo renderer process scenes for network rendering? Does it render one frame per one node or does it do swarm type render of one frame all available nodes and then move on the the next frame?
And how does network rendering store the image tonemapping settings for all frames that need to be rendered?

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:46 pm

doreamon wrote:How does indigo renderer process scenes for network rendering? Does it render one frame per one node or does it do swarm type render of one frame all available nodes and then move on the the next frame?
It focuses on the actual frame rendered by the master where the slaves contribute to.
I really would love to have an option to render one frame per slave too...
doreamon wrote:And how does network rendering store the image tonemapping settings for all frames that need to be rendered?
Its defined in the IGS files exported from your 3D app, and the master computer is the one to tweak settings in the frame rendered at the moment (no multi frame changes possible!)
polygonmanufaktur.de

doreamon

Post by doreamon » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:23 am

Zom-B wrote:It focuses on the actual frame rendered by the master where the slaves contribute to.
Thanks. So if a node gets cut off its contribution gets discarded on the current frame just like vray spawner and octane renderer. WIsh there was a frame per node render mode.
Zom-B wrote:Its defined in the IGS files exported from your 3D app, and the master computer is the one to tweak settings in the frame rendered at the moment (no multi frame changes possible!)
Ok so setup the master with the tonemap desired and hit render then all nodes will render the single frame with those tonemap settings and the next frame the same and so forth. Got it. :D

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:28 am

doreamon wrote:
Zom-B wrote:It focuses on the actual frame rendered by the master where the slaves contribute to.
Thanks. So if a node gets cut off its contribution gets discarded on the current frame just like vray spawner and octane renderer. WIsh there was a frame per node render mode.
I'm not familiar how the both mentioned handle that, but Indigo does communicate with the slaves during render time and the slaves send results over to the master frequently, so on a slave crash not all is lost :)
The smaller the Rendering MB wise, the more frequently results get transfered. Stuff that enlarges the Render size are Light Layers,High resolution and Super Sampling.
polygonmanufaktur.de

7 posts • Page 1 of 1