interior doesnt reflec on glass when light from outside

Come here for help & support.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
elDiego

interior doesnt reflec on glass when light from outside

Post by elDiego » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:49 am

Hello, This is a question and a subject to discuss more than an actual problem. I've been using Skindigo for a few weeks so I'm still kind of a beginer. I've i've find it great and easy to use although there are some tricky situations where I have found myself inn, specially when it comes to light, glass and reflection. But I'm just going on one in this post.

I'm rendering a room. My light source is coming through the window (an exit portal) I think that in the real world, even when the sun comes through a window; that glass window will reflect the interior. But in indigo, when the light comes from outside it will not reflect unless I lower the outside light and put a much brighter source inside.
Here are a couple of examples done with skindigo.

first is a render done with another program by someone else that explains what i'm trying to do when it comes to reflecting furniture even when the light comes from outside

then 3 examples of renders i've done with exit portals and in "sun and sky" mode.

Any ideas or thoughts will be much apreciated it. would I acomplish this buy using an HDRI image (I havent try using those yet)
Attachments
277283_484228404951158_37035195_o.jpg
kitch1.jpg
dor2.jpg
dor1.jpg

galinette
1st Place Winner

Re: interior doesnt reflec on glass when light from outside

Post by galinette » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:11 pm

Maybe your glass is not reflecting enough? How did you model it?

On the first image, I see plenty of reflections!

Etienne
Eclat-Digital Research
http://www.eclat-digital.com

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:57 am

Hi Etienne, the first or last ? edit: ah the kitchen scene I'm guessing now.
first is a render done with another program by someone else
the film is burnt out by the exterior light, there's no room to capture further details. In addition the glazing angle is head front wich minimizes reflections due to the Fresnel scale.

Did you try the camera tonemapping method elDiego ? You could save different exposures and compose them together.
obsolete asset

elDiego

Post by elDiego » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:02 am

thanks for the reply guys. and sorry for the late respond I was traveling.
No I havent try tonemapping yet, do you know of any tutorials about using this?
thanks.

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:39 am

Hi Diego.

In real life you see reflections in the window glass, because the human eye is an amazingly powerful camera.
If you try to take a shot of the same situation even with the coolest hi-end camera you will loos most of the reflection, even more if there is big contrast in the scene (dark inside, light outside).
That is the reason why in CG they generally tend to put some curtains at the window.

In the case you posted as a reference, there is a strong probability that the outside has been photomanipulated after the rendering, or even merely added (so it is not rendered, but is a background image adde in postpro). Using Indigo you can do the same thing enabling the foreground alpha option: this way, you'll keep all the reflections, but you'll be able to easily add a whatsoever background you need to the final render.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating. :lol:

5 posts • Page 1 of 1