new here help with quality of pic

Come here for help & support.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
elDiego

new here help with quality of pic

Post by elDiego » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:51 am

Hi, I'm new to skindigo I just recently bought the las vertion, 3.4 I have 2 main problems.

1- for some reason when i export my scene the imige i get is smaller than the one i see on my sketchup screen. (by small i mean small less angle, not less pixels) even if i have selected the "view"option in indigo setting from sketchup on how to export your scene

2 - after rendering for 10h my image is not near to be done, perhaps anyone has an opinion of what I'm doing wrong, i'm attaching here both pics for your reviews. any help would be much appreciate it.
Attachments
Capture2.JPG
you can see here how it is smaller than the one on sketchup. and also the quality after 10 hours.
Capture.JPG
you can see here my "view" and comparate to the next image

JK

Re: new here help with quality of pic

Post by JK » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:20 am

1 - Are you using 2 point perspective in Sketchup? Indigo doesnt support that AFAIK
2 - What render type are u using? Try Bidir with MLT + lower ur "whites" and all colors to something like 210 saturation(sorry am i using the right term?).

JK

Post by JK » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:26 am

What are your CPU specs btw? If i3 or higher this is definetly denoisng too slow!

elDiego

Post by elDiego » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:52 pm

yes, 2 point perspective. didnt know indigo did not support that. any tips in how to wide my angle?
about the cpu you mean the super sample factor?
so I did change all my colors to less than 210, so far im getting this crazy render is it cause the bi directional with MLT?
. do you think this would be solved if i use exit portals?
Attachments
Capture3.JPG
crazy render

JK

Post by JK » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:34 pm

Change the Fov(field of view) - Camera-> Field of view - If you want to get a larger angle:). Keep it 60 or smth, more it's less realistic though.

About the CPU specs - I meant ur processor, RAM, Graphics etc. - is it I7, i5 or some AMD ? Unbiased renderers need more CPU power and more time to "clear up" then other render engines. They are more realistic but it costs some time.

About SS factor - more makes the render less noisy but you need more time to "clear up".

Exit portals help a lot. Especially in the "closed scenes"(and probably only there) I guess you got a lot of phong materials. Make sure your objects in the scene dont land on the surface or intersect each other - make like 0.05 cm distance at least. It's not noticable but it helps computing I guess.

Im not pro about it, probably in a day or two ull get some advices from ppl who know better:)

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:07 am

Hi el diego and hi JK.

Diego, JK gave you the best advices: whites and saturation values in general not more than 210; exit portals to the opening are a must in scenes like these, and there is no reason why not to use them :wink:
Moreover, you should check if you have visible glasse at the windows; if not, just hide them so that Indigo does not export them and the calculations can be faster. Aso, with all that phong and metallic stuff, check that you have detached one reflective surface from another of about 1mm (which also gives a good-looking real-like appeal).

Even if PT has been made more robust, if I were you I'd stick with BiDir MLT which seems to be more efficiant in such scenes as yours.

6 posts • Page 1 of 1