Portals

Come here for help & support.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
Agone from Paris

Portals

Post by Agone from Paris » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:48 pm

Hi again, I read the tutorial for the Portals creation, but when i apply this method in Sketchup, I don't have the "Edit active Mesh" command in Skindigo so i can't create my portal, do you know why ?
Thanks a lot in advance for your answers :)

Voytech

Re: Portals

Post by Voytech » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:09 am

Agone from Paris wrote:Hi again, I read the tutorial for the Portals creation, but when i apply this method in Sketchup, I don't have the "Edit active Mesh" command in Skindigo so i can't create my portal, do you know why ?
Thanks a lot in advance for your answers :)
I suggest downloading the newest version of indigo and skindigo from the forum.

Indigo is here: http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... =1&t=11481
Skindigo is here: http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... 17&t=11463

Cheers!

lycium

Post by lycium » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:12 am

Hi Agone, I think you might be using an older version of the SkIndigo exporter and/or Indigo. (The newer versions use this method to set exit portals, whereas the previous used a material type.)

You can find the latest Indigo 3.2.9 release on the forum here, it comes with the latest SkIndigo installer: http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... =1&t=11481

Agone from Paris

Post by Agone from Paris » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:37 am

I installed latest versions of Indigo and Skindigo, but now i have strange error messages, about skylight material, and about an objet that should be in a folder of an user with a different name than mine.
And my previous render, which was correct, is now completly green...
Any ideas ?

lycium

Post by lycium » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:57 am

Can you please paste the actual error message? ;)

If you're using a model from the SketchUp warehouse, they are often broken in various ways (missing textures, incorrectly modelled glass etc).

Agone from Paris

Post by Agone from Paris » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:01 am

Here is the first message of error, in sketchup:
Warning:Image component path 'C:\users\Jessi\Desktop\546.jpg' not found. You must explode this image component to render with Indigo.

And the second one, in Indigo

Error: Scene parsing error: Found unexpected element 'model'. (In element 'skylight', around line 61, column 9) :

lycium

Post by lycium » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:41 am

Please upgrade to Indigo 3.2.9 as suggested above, it'll resolve the Indigo error: It seems you've only installed the latest SketchUp exporter, SkIndigo, not Indigo. The Indigo installer comes with the latest SkIndigo installer.

Regarding the models from the SketchUp warehouse, we can't fix what people upload there, so if it has missing textures that's out of our control...

7 posts • Page 1 of 1