Page 1 of 2
Indigo RT crashes when it loads the scene
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:06 am
by buzzkill
This just started happening to me yesterday after 2 months of using RT. I click the render button in Sketchup. Things load as normal within sketchup but when RT opens, it becomes unresponsive and windows just shuts it down. Is it known what is causing this or is this a new bug that needs to be fixed? If I need to provide any other information, I can.

Re: Indigo RT crashes when it loads the scene
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:25 am
by CTZn
If I need to provide any other information, I can.
Yes please do buzzkill, we need the packed IGS (PIGS) to find wich mechanism triggered the crash. It's a bug, presumably, but it might be an exporting mistake as well.
edit: oh, since you mentioned the exporter, did you relate the event with an eventual update ?
Thank you for the report !
Re: Indigo RT crashes when it loads the scene
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:53 am
by buzzkill
Let me know if this is not what you need. I'm not very knowledgeable in the behind the scenes Indigo stuff.
Would this be a Skindigo bug or an Indigo bug? I re installed RT but the problem still occurred. I have not tried to re install skindigo yet.
Re: Indigo RT crashes when it loads the scene
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:07 am
by CTZn
Let's call this a RT (3.0.16) bug, confirmed with the provided data.
Even if the generated igs was erroneous, wich doesn't seem to be the case, Indigo should not crash.
If it's a crash it is safe to post into the Bugs and Requests forum directly

Re: Indigo RT crashes when it loads the scene
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:47 am
by buzzkill
CTZn wrote:Let's call this a RT (3.0.16) bug, confirmed with the provided data.
Even if the generated igs was erroneous, wich doesn't seem to be the case, Indigo should not crash.
If it's a crash it is safe to post into the Bugs and Requests forum directly

Where is the bugs and requests forum? Can't quite seem to locate it.
Thanks for the help by the way.
Re: Indigo RT crashes when it loads the scene
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:02 am
by fused
buzzkill wrote:CTZn wrote:Let's call this a RT (3.0.16) bug, confirmed with the provided data.
Even if the generated igs was erroneous, wich doesn't seem to be the case, Indigo should not crash.
If it's a crash it is safe to post into the Bugs and Requests forum directly

Where is the bugs and requests forum? Can't quite seem to locate it.
Thanks for the help by the way.
Bugs and Requests forum is here:
http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5
I will look into this issue tomorrow. Thank you for reporting and sorry about the inconvenience

Re: Indigo RT crashes when it loads the scene
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:49 am
by buzzkill
fused wrote:buzzkill wrote:CTZn wrote:Let's call this a RT (3.0.16) bug, confirmed with the provided data.
Even if the generated igs was erroneous, wich doesn't seem to be the case, Indigo should not crash.
If it's a crash it is safe to post into the Bugs and Requests forum directly

Where is the bugs and requests forum? Can't quite seem to locate it.
Thanks for the help by the way.
Bugs and Requests forum is here:
http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5
I will look into this issue tomorrow. Thank you for reporting and sorry about the inconvenience

Not a problem. Hopefully it can get resolved soon. I've got to get a couple of renders done by next week

Re: Indigo RT crashes when it loads the scene
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:22 pm
by fused
Hi,
I could not reproduce this with 3.0.12, 3.0.14 or the current development version.
Would it be possible to get the whole scene, packed as a .pigs?
Currently it's missing textures, meshes, etc.
I see that you are running 32 Bit. Will try 32 bit now.
Regards,
Yves
Re: Indigo RT crashes when it loads the scene
Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:04 am
by fused
Also can't reproduce with 32 Bit build. Would be good if you could upload the whole packed scene or mail it to support (at) indigorenderer (dot) com.
Thank you

Re: Indigo RT crashes when it loads the scene
Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:16 am
by buzzkill
How do I pack the whole scene?
Thanks in advance!
Re: Indigo RT crashes when it loads the scene
Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:31 am
by fused
buzzkill wrote:How do I pack the whole scene?
Thanks in advance!
Hi,
this is how you do it:
1. Open Indigo (just indigo, no need to open the scene)
2. Tools -> Pack Indgio scene...
3. Browse to and select the igs file you want to pack (the default.igs)
4. Specify the location where the pigs should be save to
Re: Indigo RT crashes when it loads the scene
Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:07 am
by CTZn
Hi fused, I could reproduce the crash on RT 3.0.16 (x64 I assume) only by commenting the include tag out, then loading the scene.
Re: Indigo RT crashes when it loads the scene
Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:26 am
by buzzkill
fused wrote:buzzkill wrote:How do I pack the whole scene?
Thanks in advance!
Hi,
this is how you do it:
1. Open Indigo (just indigo, no need to open the scene)
2. Tools -> Pack Indgio scene...
3. Browse to and select the igs file you want to pack (the default.igs)
4. Specify the location where the pigs should be save to
I got an error when trying to pack the igs....
What now????
Re: Indigo RT crashes when it loads the scene
Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:44 am
by CTZn
...
I think you just spotted the cause of the crash... or nearly.
Is the texture actually missing ? if not then perhaps its jpg encoding has something unusual. We'll focus on this point for now.
If the texture exists please link us to it, or attach it to a mail at: support at indigorenderer dot com, with a link to this post as reference if you don't want to share it publically.
This last error message is explicit. One can only render, and pack an unaltered scene. However upon rendering a similar message should be produced instead of a crash.
Re: Indigo RT crashes when it loads the scene
Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:09 am
by buzzkill
Yes, it exists.
Here it is...
Let me know if you need any other info.
edit: sent it in an email as well.