Mercedes Benz Streamliner

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
iOnStallion

Mercedes Benz Streamliner

Post by iOnStallion » Sat May 22, 2010 1:20 am

Hi there,

Im kinda new to the whole indigo scene when i started it was everything a litte different and now it seems i have to relearn everything i used to know so im starting a new indigo project. Its going to be a tutorial for myself cuz i cant get along with all the new indigo materials and tons of settings there were added. So im open to every kind of critics! in other words criticize my work in every single way you know i would love that!

I would like to know how i can get the relief better of the texture and the car texture seems strange to me too.

grx
Attachments
1.jpg

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Re: Mercedes Benz Streamliner

Post by Zom-B » Sat May 22, 2010 2:31 am

using displacement is the way to go iOn, but take care to use smoothing option in indigos subdiv modifier, it f**ks with the uvm of the texture atm.
also try using a phong material with some exponent map to have some subtile reflections on the stones...
Cant tell much about the car texture, since... well... I see no texture on the car ^^

Tell us about your 3Dapp you are working with, so we know the exporter you use and can give specific hints and tips ;-)

welcome back buddy!
polygonmanufaktur.de

iOnStallion

Post by iOnStallion » Tue May 25, 2010 8:08 pm

im working with cinema 4d r11.5

thank you dude i will definatlely try that, i wonder what the stones will look like :D post an update soon.

thanks feels good to be back!

CoolColJ

Post by CoolColJ » Wed May 26, 2010 7:49 pm

I have a render of this car somewhere on my computer, that someone did. Done ages ago with HDR lighting I think

4 posts • Page 1 of 1