New user

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
zeitmeister
2nd Place 100

Re: New user

Post by zeitmeister » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:54 am

Nice renderings and welcome to Indigo!

About scene optimization have a look here: http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=9204
Cheers, David

DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64

djegoo
Indigo 100

Post by djegoo » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:57 pm

Hello

Welcome to indigo!
Your work is cool, and we will help you making it better.

First tip, seeing that you have white walls, when you set the color i sketchup, don't use pure white : luminosity at 85/100 is good.

I can see that you have some (phong) reflecting materials (wood etc...) so Bidir MLT shoulb be better. Bidir is good because you are doing an interior scene, but MLT is very accurate for these type of materials. in the first minutes of rendering your image will be scary, bit it will ameliorate very fast.

Your aperture is very strong yes! maybe keep it at 16, or 22, i think you will get the effect you want

I also tried Poduim and Artlantis and other stuff before, but i geve up, because you will see, the time you pass rendering, re rendering and reeeee rendering again with these programs to get the good result, you will render it only once with indigo :)

Keep going, don t give up! For the speed question, i have the same problem, because the rendering speed is directly proportionnal to your computer, and since indigo is unbiased, time is the price for quality renders.

ENSLAVER

Post by ENSLAVER » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:47 am

I love the last one, I tihnk the light is just about right. Just needed a bit longer =P

lycium

Post by lycium » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:44 pm

I'm sorry to suggest the obvious and costly thing, but if you could replace your dualcore with one of those (very affordable?) AMD quadcores, that would be of tremendous benefit... dualcores are not really powerful in these days of affordable quadcores.

besides this using exit portals could help quite a bit :)

4 posts • Page 1 of 1