Indigo 1.1.18

NO photoshop at all.
Attachments
ShaverWIP.png
ShaverWIP.png (172.89 KiB) Viewed 4785 times

neo0.

Re: Electric Shaver

Post by neo0. » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:12 am

In that case, I'll be the first one to ask.. How did you do that glowing thing?

Doug Armand
Indigo 100

Post by Doug Armand » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:15 am

I like it - kinda funky. Materials on the razor look good.

crits? the neonish strip could be smoother - I detect some 'awkwardness' in its flow

The shaver could do with some backlighlight/reflection to bring out the shape more or just give the background a bit of light which might do the same?
Doug

Doug Armand

djegoo
Indigo 100

Post by djegoo » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:21 am

It is called aperture diffraction Neo0.

I like your render.
Are the 3D supply, and, 65 minute left inscriptions mapping or different materials? i mean did you cut the geometries in the curved surface?

cheers

kikeonline
3rd Place Winner

Post by kikeonline » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:53 pm

djegoo wrote:It is called aperture diffraction Neo0.

I like your render.
Are the 3D supply, and, 65 minute left inscriptions mapping or different materials? i mean did you cut the geometries in the curved surface?

cheers
Its 2 materials with a blend map. 1 material is light and the other one its a glossy "3dsupply" map. and those 2 are blended with a map.

@djegoo
The Neon lights is an RGB emitter with aperture difraction applied to the camera for the glow effect.

djegoo
Indigo 100

Post by djegoo » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:15 am

@djegoo
The Neon lights is an RGB emitter with aperture difraction applied to the camera for the glow effect.
you mean Neo0 :wink:
Its 2 materials with a blend map. 1 material is light and the other one its a glossy "3dsupply" map. and those 2 are blended with a map
Ok, i m not expert in mapping, that s why i was asking, cuz i would hav done it toally geometry, but i m sure i wouldn t have been able to get the glossy/light-emitting effect.

gotta learn someday.

kikeonline
3rd Place Winner

Post by kikeonline » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:10 am

Its 2 materials with a blend map. 1 material is light and the other one its a glossy "3dsupply" map. and those 2 are blended with a map
Ok, i m not expert in mapping, that s why i was asking, cuz i would hav done it toally geometry, but i m sure i wouldn t have been able to get the glossy/light-emitting effect.

gotta learn someday.
Its every easy and you open a lot or posibilities when you learn material blending, since i learn how to do it i have blended material in almost all my scenes.

JotaSolano

Post by JotaSolano » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:04 pm

OMG! I totally love your work (i also saw the coffee machine video)... and the fact that you use blender makes me more confident (as i use it too and you know how people can get)... I'm from Costa Rica but I don't know if you speak spanish or if you just live in Nicaragua lol... so i'll continue in english...

Since I use Blender, I've been looking for an alternative to Blender's internal renderer and those plug-ins that are hard to use (like Yaf(a) Ray... at least for me...)

I've just discovered Indigo and I'm shure I'll give it a try... I was just taking a a look in the forums to see what Indigo is capable of... it also seems is quite slow ... like LuxRender... but the results are worth it...

Keep it up!

J.

kikeonline
3rd Place Winner

Post by kikeonline » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:58 am

JotaSolano wrote:OMG! I totally love your work (i also saw the coffee machine video)... and the fact that you use blender makes me more confident (as i use it too and you know how people can get)... I'm from Costa Rica but I don't know if you speak spanish or if you just live in Nicaragua lol... so i'll continue in english...

Since I use Blender, I've been looking for an alternative to Blender's internal renderer and those plug-ins that are hard to use (like Yaf(a) Ray... at least for me...)

I've just discovered Indigo and I'm shure I'll give it a try... I was just taking a a look in the forums to see what Indigo is capable of... it also seems is quite slow ... like LuxRender... but the results are worth it...

Keep it up!

J.
Hey amigo!! que bueno tener un tico vecino en el foro jejejeje, Yo soy Nicaraguense. La verdad te recomiendo Indigo totalmente, en ningu otro motor vas a encontrar la calidad y realismo q te ofrece Indigo, La unica competencia q tiene es Maxwell, Fryrender y Luxrender. Al contrario de estos motores anteriores Indigo es mucho mas facil de manipular y de crear materiales.

Te deseo toda la suerte del mundo, y espero q aprendas a usar Indigo lo mas antes posible.

cheka mi pagina http://dreamartsnica.daportfolio.com/
:D

JotaSolano

Post by JotaSolano » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:40 am

Genial... le voy a hechar un ojo... !

Ahora estoy terminando una lámpara para probar Indigo... seguramente abriré un post con mis dudas jejeje...

10 posts • Page 1 of 1