Green living

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
Borgleader

Re: Green living

Post by Borgleader » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:41 pm

*lurks* ..... :wink:
benn hired a mercenary to kill my sig...

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:08 am

Hi all!
..guys, I really appreciate how you supported me with all your encouraging comments and critiques.
This is going to be a towards-final image. I exported the scene correctly, so now I have igs, igi and all I need to resume the render later on :mrgreen:
I added some minor details here and there, and adjusted some materials I didn't like too much. Not that now I am satisfied with the result but this is surely a progress.
Now rendering at 3200pxls resolution, 4 light layers (supersample 1): night shot is very slow to compute, so I expect biblical times. Now something to share with you.

Thank you all.
Attachments
wip9_small_2.jpg
wip9_small_2.jpg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 3928 times

Jeff

Post by Jeff » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:20 am

This one is gorgeous, I want to live there! Looks like setting the supersample to 1 makes the edges of objects look sharp just like Vray renderings. Very beautiful!

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:24 am

Supersample=1 doesn't make the edges look crispier. Sharpen filter does. 8)
Thank you for your feedback Jeff.

Headroom
Indigo 100

Post by Headroom » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:03 am

Pibuz,

Very well done! Jeff already said that he wanted to live there but what's even more important and really brings life into the scene is that it conveys the feeling that someone actually does live there.

I am sure that all the "little things" took quite a bit of time and it really shows.

PureSpider

Post by PureSpider » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:38 am

Yay for kellogs frosties! :D

dakiru
Indigo 100

Post by dakiru » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:53 am

Great and cozy image, Pibuz! Actually, as always :) Maybe just small imperfections like a fly (or two :lol: ) on the wall and a piece of thrown paper on the floor and it will get even more life-like.

Borgleader

Post by Borgleader » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:13 pm

This is the part where you tell us this is a photo of your apartment (after you spent 8 hours cleaning up) and I believe you :wink:

No seriously this is AWESOME, were it 1280x800 id use it as my laptop wallpaper (honest!)

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:36 am

Thank you guys: your comments are flattering :oops:

..One thing really bothers me now: I tried to resume the render after having stopped it (it cooked a night) and Indigo wasn't able to handle the scene.
Same scene, resumed; RAM consumption: DIFFERENT! :cry:

So I'm NOT able to continue rendering this scene.

I would suggest the developers to fix this big thing, which is actually uncomprehensible from my point of view, and which can really cause lots of problems when resuming a render.

tomasbird

Post by tomasbird » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:50 am

So far it's stunning. 5/5! :shock:

dcm

Post by dcm » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:53 am

Very nice pibuz ! Great work ! But i think there is something out of scale...or my eyes lie.

Borgleader

Post by Borgleader » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:29 am

Pibuz wrote:Thank you guys: your comments are flattering :oops:

..One thing really bothers me now: I tried to resume the render after having stopped it (it cooked a night) and Indigo wasn't able to handle the scene.
Same scene, resumed; RAM consumption: DIFFERENT! :cry: .
How much ram do you have?

Polinalkrimizei

Post by Polinalkrimizei » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:11 am

Purely awesome.
What happens when I see your render: I don't see it as a render. Not because it is the most photorealistic one I've ever seen, but because it just works. All I see is a really cool apartment that has that special something.

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:32 pm

Borgleader wrote: How much ram do you have?
I have 4GB installed.
But that is not the point Borg: when I render my scene exporting directly from SketchUp all goes fine, the scene is rendered at a certain resolution. For final images I usually take the resolution to the highest supported level, in this case I could reach 3200pxls of width (supersample 1) and the render started with no problems. The render cooked for a night encountering no problems. In the morning I simply stopped the calculation, saving igi and stuff. The following night I wanted to resume the render and I got the classic message you get when there is no more RAM available.

That is something wrong. I suppose there is some kind of problem. But I think one should be ALWAYS able to resume a render he previously launched on the same machine. Otherwise, if you cannot render at a certain resolution you shouldn't be allowed to launch the render at THAT resolution, discovering later that you cannot resume the calculation.

From a very naive point of view, I cannot understand why the RAM consumption should be different for the same image, indeed. But I'm not a programmer, there could be some kind of tricky code.

Polinalkrimizei
Thank you very much: in this image I wanted to reproduce an everyday scene, simple and plain.
Nothing too fancy and nothing too architectural: something everyone could experience or achieve. Thank you very much.

dcm
Thank you for having commented this. Perhaps there is actually something out of scale. Now tell me what is it. :mrgreen:

tomasbird
Thank you my friend. Post your tests as well! Seeing something new is always a pleasure, if it could help someone else!

Borgleader

Post by Borgleader » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:18 pm

Ah well, I'll re-iterate my offer if you ever need a rig to render your scene because it takes a while, mines not doing much these days.

In the mean time you might want to send your issue in the bugs/request forum so that the mods are officially aware of it.

Oh and keep up the good work :D

73 posts