Green living

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
Borgleader

Re: Green living

Post by Borgleader » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:10 pm

*lurks*
Did I miss the "Finished Artwork" thread for this piece? I was really hoping for a higher res. render :)
benn hired a mercenary to kill my sig...

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:20 pm

Borgleader wrote: I was really hoping for a higher res. render :)
The Forum scales the images down to display them. Simply grab the image and drag it into anew Browser Tab to see it in full res (firefox).
polygonmanufaktur.de

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:34 pm

Sorry guys, it seems that i kind of dropped this project of mine for a while. I rendered a multilayer image with the quick export button, hoping to continue the rendering after many hours. Then I accidentally overwrote the file (:evil:) so now I have to re-launch the whole thing. Damn.
It's only a matter of time: the scene is ready: I only have to click the button. It's just that I don't feel too much like keep on sleeping with the q6600 humming in the background the whole time. Gimme one week.
Thank you very very much for keeping your interest alive. It is really important when I see someone who cares about my efforts. Thank you!

fused
Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by fused » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:00 am

Zom-B wrote:The Forum scales the images down to display them. Simply grab the image and drag it into anew Browser Tab to see it in full res (firefox).
Yeah, I find that quite annoying. I intend to do something against it.

Borgleader

Post by Borgleader » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:39 am

Zom-B wrote:The Forum scales the images down to display them. Simply grab the image and drag it into anew Browser Tab to see it in full res (firefox).
I did not know that, thanks for the tip :)
Pibuz wrote:Sorry guys, it seems that i kind of dropped this project of mine for a while. I rendered a multilayer image with the quick export button, hoping to continue the rendering after many hours. Then I accidentally overwrote the file (:evil:) so now I have to re-launch the whole thing. Damn.
It's only a matter of time: the scene is ready: I only have to click the button. It's just that I don't feel too much like keep on sleeping with the q6600 humming in the background the whole time. Gimme one week.
Thank you very very much for keeping your interest alive. It is really important when I see someone who cares about my efforts. Thank you!
Hehe, I know what that's like, done it quite a few times with my own q6600.

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:08 am

Yes Pibuz, keep rocking...
I absolutely know how you feel about the Computer noise in the background during sleep time.
My latest system was designed to be as silent as possible so I even can render if my GF stays over night ^^
fused wrote:Yeah, I find that quite annoying. I intend to do something against it.
click-able images that open in a new tab :)
polygonmanufaktur.de

fused
Developer

Post by fused » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:43 pm

Zom-B wrote:click-able images that open in a new tab :)
yep

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:21 am

fused wrote:
yep
yep :D

Very good job by the way pibuz, you get the kitchen well !
obsolete asset

Borgleader

Post by Borgleader » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:48 pm

*pokes*
:wink: If you need a rendering machine, send me the .igs and ill let it run on mine, its usually on during the night anyways.

fused
Developer

Post by fused » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:58 pm

CTZn wrote:
fused wrote:
yep
yep :D
btw, done, but only for attatchments.
i also edited the bbcode.html of the template the forum is using (to make it availabel for [ img ] tags), but for some weird reason its not working.
if someone with knowledge of phpbb3 could tell me how to edit bbcodes properly, please let me know...

wojtek-w

Post by wojtek-w » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:46 pm

@Pibuz
Your work is REALLY great! I wonder what number of SPP you usually achive? I'm asking because Your images are perfectly noise-free on every stage. If i let my test renders to clear like that, it would take like a month before the final one would be ready. And with comercial work time is gold...
Is that only a matter of CPU power or scene/render settings? If Your SPP is very hgh then I just leak of patient/time and have to weak CPU for this play, if your SPP is not-so-high, then there is still chance for me to achive this level of noisefreeness (is that a word? :? ) by changing my way of modelling and rendering...

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:44 pm

Thank you Borg! I really appreciate it, but I don't want to bother anyone. This is not work, this is fun for me, and it would be somehow mean to take advantage of your generosity not for a NEED. Thank you anyway!

@ wojtek-w
I usually let my ol' buddy q6600 work all night long for first tests, launched at a relatively small resolution (1200x900 or similar), and they come out generally clean in one night of calculations. I strongly avoid hard-to-calculate light conditions, and SSS materials. My geometry optimisation concerns most of all objects' positioning: all the metallic surfaces are detached from the grond by 1mm or similar: I've found this makes the rendering faster. And somehow more realistic results 8)
For final renders (like the last one I posted) I render the most huge resolution my hardware supports, generally setting supersample factor down to 1.

That's it.

djegoo
Indigo 100

Post by djegoo » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:41 am

Wow Pibuz, I must say, YOU are the master! The 1mm technique is really nice. Dunno for rendering speed, i haven t checked, but when my obkects touched the floor, sometime i had some artefacts, i just tested a scene, and it is neat, and really realistic.

I ll post it soon, i m rerendering many of my scenes i worked with artlantis many years ago. They look ways much better with indigo :D

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:13 pm

Glad I helped!
You owe me a favor :lol:

wojtek-w

Post by wojtek-w » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:44 pm

yeah, i owe You one too.
Thanks very much for sharing !