WIPs: CTZn

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
yonosoy

Re: WIPs: CTZn

Post by yonosoy » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:42 pm

Hi Zom-B, strange, maybe there are local behaviours. The render here was stopped near this time (yesterday a one of 1000+ was riched...). There are problems to solved of course... How do you feel the speed? This time is a very dense stratus.
Is seriously fragil and some parameters are been tunned constantly ...

OOOOH, so don't break... :lol:

Edit: a remember: 16h of a smaller image of a close-up cloudy sky in Vue some years ago gives a half of image.
The amount of volume is not a dramatic problem (a feel since it's possible remember 50km of an "atmosphere soup" with a very high density. So many things could be possible with time and effort... About the espectral data, a short serie of atmospheric conditions could be great but is not easy from here... The espectral data don't slow down but need more time to converge and gives fireflies.
Last edited by yonosoy on Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"... nor 0.2 galaxys, nor 0.8 little chikens ..."

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:34 pm

Here is the 3000 s/px rendering, took about 1,5h.
For sure one of the slowest scenes I ever rendered :D
a natural situation_00.jpg
The IGI can be downloaded from here, since the tonemapping blowes out the sky to much for my taste, with it everybody can check out the nice clouds :)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/693 ... ion_00.igi

Looking forward to some more scenes guys, with your effort here you also push Ono to do more experiments in that direction.
So we may end up with a optimized routine in Indigo... maybe... someday ^^
polygonmanufaktur.de

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:27 am

pfff whoah yooo hey I don't relate with this do I ?

I'm speechless.

Be sure that I'm not giving up on those (terrain included), my rig is just making the works a bit tedious and I need the break otherwise. I have further projects that I have at heart, and men are you encouraging them.

Thank you.
obsolete asset

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:04 am

Feel free to ask for some render support, you'll find me in the irc if I'm at the computer. Most of the time I have spare CPU time. Would be great if I could help here :)
polygonmanufaktur.de

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:50 am

Thanks Zom-B, this I have noted down !

Right now I'll be all blah, please excuse me about that as you guys deserve better.

Wether concerning the terrain or the clouds, it mostly boils down to smartly defined noises in place of where parameters are kicking in currently. The shaders define kind of a "fixed state" in each case, with far too homogeneous results.

Regarding clouds, one can try replacing the paramOffset() entry by a very low frequency fbm in order to have large banks merging into puffy clouds down to a clear sky. Also, I'd like to release one shader for each real world cloud type.

Same thing with the canyons and the paramCharacter() thingy, this does introduce some kind of erosion to them. I haven't digged the Wind U and V effects enough, but I'd expect this to get rid of the stepping artifacts for this type of terrain shader, by dimming the "bruteness" of the concept. Guessing Wind params would need pretty small values.

Basically so :)
Attachments
im1382794338.jpg
old early try with modulated canyons. That little smearing near the center of the pic.
obsolete asset

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:04 pm

I would love to see some wireframe renders of your work: http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... 85#p102485
polygonmanufaktur.de

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:18 pm

Zom-B wrote:I would love to see some wireframe renders of your work: http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... 85#p102485
Care to explain Zom-B please ? regarding terrains displaced out of a plane, that would be absolutely similar to a bitmap square projected orthogonally to that plane over scaled UVs; a boring thing wouldn't it ? I feel like I'm missing your point :)
obsolete asset

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:38 pm

CTZn wrote:I feel like I'm missing your point :)
I'm just interested how the subdiv generates polygons, and the way they are stretched.
polygonmanufaktur.de

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:43 pm

okay that's plain legitimate ! I'll be checking on Ono's wireframe shader by the next tens of hours for the matter. See you then, have a good day and be safe !
obsolete asset

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:50 pm

CTZn wrote:I'll be checking on Ono's wireframe shader by the next tens of hours for the matter. See you then, have a good day and be safe !
Ha ha, I thought its just some copy & paste and the hit render! At least the last step is something I really could do!
Btw, if you wan't to try some high subdiv and/or resolutions, my systems all have 32GB of RAM, so feel free to request some rendertime here!!
polygonmanufaktur.de

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:32 am

you'll be associated to my next moves dude, no worries and again thanks for that. Please bear with(out) me meanwhile.
obsolete asset

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:36 pm

did I tell you guys that I was still on a CRT ?
obsolete asset

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:06 pm

My quadrant may have been highly compromised, I'm pulling the plug now (this was a personnal note not in relation with my activities here, no one reading this has to be concerned with it). Don't ask.

See you, the sooner the better :)
obsolete asset

riley1389

Post by riley1389 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:16 am

I'm sorry if I missed it, but where can I get the cloud shader code?

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:44 pm

hi riley, sorry for the late answer as my signature explains.

you will find the shader code within one of the pigs I'm sharing along in this thread. From there the material can easily be extracted from indigo.

sorry for the lack of details but it is currently much unconvenient for me to research the real thing because I'm still not in lobe with my erm smartphone.

I'll hoppefully be back in busisness soonish.
obsolete asset

312 posts