WIPs: CTZn

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
CTZn

Re: WIPs: CTZn

Post by CTZn » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:10 am

pixie wrote:
CTZn wrote:Once again with a quasi-render, equivalent to a supersampling of 4 accounting for the framebuffer, with a little blurring in-between.
Nuke tamed.jpg
I did two things that greatly improved performances for a better trade-off.

First I introduced clamping for the output temperature; hotter spheres will be forced down to a maximum temperature. This avoids small clumps, if not individual spheres emitting outstandingly bright (hot) spots. Rendering such extreme effects becomes comfortable.

Then I left jittering alone, with for effect a muuuch faster initialisation from Indigo due to no intersecting mediums being reported.

(I'm wondering how much just printing such each event for massive sets can be the time hog here, devs ? If it happens once, it just needs a one line output. If it happens more, knowing the event count is what matters, not to have each single one reported.)

The effect is that each sphere is now stuck at the center of its voxel, instead of having it moved randomly within its former space's radius. This comes at a visual cost, but then it's a matter of balance between voxel size, RAM and the final resolution (OT: spotted three-body problem, add time for a fourth dimension !).

I can think of a number of things to enhance the tool, it has been a long time since I enjoyed myself with scripting...

If I ever render a sequence myself, this is the MAXIMUM resolution !

PS: I may drop the mass destruction theme soon, as I can tell it's not your type of humour.
I believe I can nuke... everybody... I believe I can nuke away! :D Beautiful!!
Well I can not refute a certain mammal fascination for what blows up, as well as I'm finding infame and vile its use.
obsolete asset

pixie
Indigo 100
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by pixie » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:18 am

CTZn wrote:Well I can not refute a certain mammal fascination for what blows up, as well as I'm finding infame and vile its use.
:lol:

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:21 am

For what it is worth, an old incomplete design; it lacks a trunk and a correction in proportions. The wood is a baked Maya procedural.

iirc rendered with GPU accelerated PT. No btw not with 2.6.1 ? I'm confused.
Attachments
fauteuil pivotant.jpg
you can about date the project
obsolete asset

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:33 am

Another random prop:
Attachments
tournevis.jpg
obsolete asset

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:44 am

Indigo 2.6.1?
polygonmanufaktur.de

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:09 am

CTZn wrote:For what it is worth, an old incomplete design; it lacks a trunk and a correction in proportions. The wood is a baked Maya procedural.

iirc rendered with GPU accelerated PT. No btw not with 2.6.1 ? I'm confused.
I must say the chair is HORRIBLE :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:25 pm

Yup 2.6.1, the image was rendered back then. Pibuz, I guess it deserved the comment :P

That's as far as the project went, I thought I'd post the image after I bumped into it recently; lazy dusting really.
obsolete asset

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:41 am

24h tripping with flames, I reverted from textured emission because rendering flames is already a complex system without that, but I will need textured emission (of fluid data in Maya) for a correct collision of the flame with the torch. Attached the same frame rendered twice, one with both absorption and scattering ten times higher. It shows up in rendering times (see overlays), I'll be implementing the fastSSS material now !

Absorption is carving into the flame emission, adding contrast and drama. Scattering is simply giving the flame its flesh and fat (eventually). No camera diffraction used.

Zom-B, I've been thinking of your dragon scene for a moment, I'm not there yet though ;) (ugh prepare colliders in cm and obj format just in case)
Attachments
torch alpha 1.jpg
torch alpha 2.jpg
obsolete asset

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:21 am

48th frame of a torch lighting up, with correct flame collision. At this point the issue with too many warnings output is killing the effort, I'm left to hope that it would be much faster in console mode. I'll be sharing the video soon.
Attachments
torch_120_10spp.47.jpg
10spp
obsolete asset

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:31 am

Attached an actual MP4/AVI file with a false extension to fool the website's limitation :mrgreen:

Rename to the suitable extension for visioning. Worth 2s of video (53 frames).
Attachments
torch_120_10spp.mp4.NOT.zip
(442.87 KiB) Downloaded 253 times
obsolete asset

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:21 am

Very cool, looks realistic.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:12 am

Thank you ! The flames are too big, there's too much heat but it didn't bother me too much for a second animation test.

The good thing is that it is supposed to light like a torch would, I'll illustrate this next. Sorry for not sharing the video in a more convenient way.
obsolete asset

312 posts