Evening exterior

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:48 pm

Great :D

If you want air scattering, go crazy and use the true-sky-model xD

18:00, Venice, which time of the year? ;)

drBouvierLeduc

Post by drBouvierLeduc » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:51 am

This is gonna be a killer render. Looking forward to see the final result

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:31 pm

Hi all guys! And thanks a lot. No updates this time, sorry :roll:

drBouvier: thank you doc! It's always a pleasure to know someone like you likes one of my productions :D

Kram1032: hi Kram! This scene is set in july. We sketchUppers have a little bug concerning the times of the day and the day/time variables of Indigo: sometimes if you push your time a bit too much towards evening, the sky system start producing strange light effects, like violet sky for exemple.. So, i tried a not-so-late time, and i had luck, i see; perhaps i could try setting a later time, and see if it's kept or not.. Gonna try!

CTZn: thank you mate! You're right about the lights, so right. It's only that i have a kind of fear about burning the lights, as if there were no possibility to switch back to the unburned settings..I think it's a matter of psychology.. You're right BTW, i'm going to lit them up, maybe justa a little.. :D

Woodie: you're right about the size of the waves, woodie. In sketchup we have no possibilities to have displacement modifiers for a surface or anything, so i used a sort of workaround physically modeling the water volume. I used a tool which i never used before for such a task, so i easily may have used that badly.. I'll try to re model the water: thanks!

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:44 pm

for 18:00, july, it really looks pretty "late"... I guess, the Sketchup time configuration is a bit too "quick" with it's timeline... - violet skys happen when you set midnight

Though, I actually like the sky ;) never saw this time in indigo before so I thought it'd be a pretty uniform exr or something....

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:55 am

This is looking great, Pibuz! Don't stop now.... :)

kwistenbiebel

Post by kwistenbiebel » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:08 am

SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL PIBUZ...way to go !

51 posts