Syringes

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
PureSpider

Post by PureSpider » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:29 am

zsouthboy wrote:EDIT: And your english is fine - I think you're having a tougher time understanding us than we are of you. :D
w0rd!

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:31 am

oh and if the bottle should be filled with something other than the surrounding water, you can do that in two ways :)

Either, which I guess is the better way of doing it, you set the liquid inside the bottle to precedence 11 and the bottle itself to 10 and you model the liquid in a way so that it slightly goes inside the bottle wall,
or you model the whole bottle as a solid object and then give the interior liquid, which needs to be modelled more accurately in this case, a higher precedence than the bottle. :) (The advantage of doing it that way is, that you can add some air if you put the bottle totally under water but you don't want it to be filled ;))

Precedence is like layers in an image editing program. The thing that has the higher precedence equals a layer more on top of a list. Where two things with precedence are overlapping, the one with the higher precedence (the one, higher in the list) will completely replace the one with lower precedence.

mr_jo

Post by mr_jo » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:41 am

Perfect Kram, very very cleary, thank you and thanks to all.

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:38 am

So the coefficient isn't really essential?

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:07 am

I dunno... really depends on the glass you'd use... - or on the plastic xD
The coefficient is more important for situations where a colour-split would be helping with the scene... In this case, clean and sterile syringes'd need hard and sharp, sterile, unicoloured caustics, so I'd set the caughy_b to zero ;)

20 posts