Simple Renderings Thread

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
neo0.

Re: Simple Renderings Thread

Post by neo0. » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:57 am

matsta wrote:Neo0. I'm sorry, but i refuse to "Give Neo0 a break", that would be like watching a man trip over the same rock everyday for 3 years, finally trying to help the man by removing the rock from the path. Then watching him put the rock back into the middle of the path and trip over it so as not to break from his tradition of stupidity. I WANT TO HELP THE MAN, BUT HE'S JUST TO STUPID TO LEARN. (*note the man in this story may or may not represent Neo0 of "IndigoRenderer" Forum community and I, matsta, therefore cannot be held responsible for people naturally replacing said users name with "Man")

You post a crappy, unfinished, badly composed and hatefully boring scene (yet again), but this time instead of putting it in a nice quite WIP thread you post it in the most popular and viewed thread on the site. I remind you the topic of said thread is not "Crappy, unfinished, badly composed and boring renders thread" it is "Simple Renderings Thread". It has been graced over the years with such gems as http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/dow ... hp?id=2894 and http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1595/krugqc1.jpg. See these images, while simple and clean, are finished and great to look at. Something almost none of your images ever are. Then when people try to help you, you ignore them or try argue your, usually incorrect, side of things. I now realise why your work hasn't gotten any better over the few years you have been using/spamming/cluttering these forums. ITS BECAUSE YOU DONT LISTEN OR LEARN FROM THE MISTAKES YOU MAKE OR, for that matter, THE MISTAKES OTHERS MAKE.

If someone (referring in most cases to someone who knows alot more than you) tells you that this image does not belong in this thread. JUST LISTEN, and move it. Don't argue, don't get smart (actually I wont discourage self improving brain activity in your case), just do as you are told.

It boggles my mind that you are older than me... it really does.
You don't do the stereotypes that most people have of American's any favours.

Kind Regards (Hopefully for the last time)

Matt
No.. You know what.. I think you really do enjoy being obnoxious ("I refuse to give him a break".) Look, I don't know if it occurred to you, but I have gotten better.

http://gripinc.deviantart.com/gallery/

Unlike you, I have a pretty busy life. Im in college, I have a job, I have friends, etc. Unlike you, I don't have the luxury of having all the time in the world to practice Indigo. So you'll excuse me if im not quite as amazing as you. In spite of that, you never miss a chance to make insulting comments like this even when people are making an effort :
Im lol'ing

Still lol'ing

Ok done.
The list just goes on.. Here's another one

You may want to crop out your taskbar in future man. Unless you want the world to see that you watch "Girls fun..." and "Have sex with..." . Im starting to get quite a good picture of the kind of person you are, i have a pin up board dedicated to you at home. Such a stalker.

What is this bs? How can you sit here and act like you're being constructive and im just ignoring your advice?

Is this the kind of feedback im supposed to be learning from? Second off.. Let's take a look at our join dates. I joined in Feb 2008, where as you joined over a year earlier, in Jan of 2007. Does this tell you anything? So, please drop the attitude. As shocking as it might be, you were once like me, not able to produce world class renders. You didn't become a "maststa" over night.

It doesn't surprise me one bit that im older than you. You are young. You barely have any responsibilities. You probabaly have the vast majority of your time to spend lounging around the house. You're in for a rude awakening when you discover what real life is like. You think that everyone has as much free time as you do.
You don't do the stereotypes that most people have of America's any favours.
Americans. Ironic, isn't it?

Anyhoww...

djegoo thank you for being helpful. What I am doing is similar. I have one emitter in a room (duh) but the only difference is that my room is closed.. I was told by someone that I should do things as close to real life.. I tried it how you showed and it's doing fewer samples per second, but the render is still more noise free after only a few then it was at hundreds the other way. I merely assumed that I should have a closed room like in real life.
Last edited by neo0. on Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla
Indigo 100

Post by Godzilla » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:35 pm

neo0. wrote:

Someone made a typo, alert the press!
samlavoie.xyz

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:40 pm

Godzilla wrote:
neo0. wrote:

Someone made a typo, alert the press!
Someone's renders aren't as good as yours, alert the press!

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:44 pm

Please stop arguing in the simple renders thread, take it to off-topic, or I'll start deleting posts and/or banning people.

Borgleader

Post by Borgleader » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:28 pm

http://www.blendercookie.com/2009/10/24 ... ances-set/
Quick clay render of the refrigerator model graciously offered (Under the creative commons) by Jonothan Williamson

Ty Jonathan! :)
benn hired a mercenary to kill my sig...

PureSpider

Post by PureSpider » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:50 am

neo0. wrote:Is this the kind of feedback im supposed to be learning from? Second off.. Let's take a look at our join dates. I joined in Feb 2008, where as you joined over a year earlier, in Jan of 2007. Does this tell you anything? So, please drop the attitude. As shocking as it might be, you were once like me, not able to produce world class renders. You didn't become a "maststa" over night.
We gave you LOADS of good feedback, that were the things you were ignoring.
In general, you only seem to respond or even listen to insults.

For the second point... I joined 07 Apr 2008 22:37, to be precise.
And now look at MY deviantART gallery... does that tell you anything?
And no, I don't have the whole day to spend at home, I have a job, I have a girlfriend and I have friends aswell :shock:
And yes, I once WERE like you, only for around 2 weeks probably...

Okay Ono, I'll zip it 8)

SmartDen
Developer

Post by SmartDen » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:45 pm

OnoSendai wrote:Please stop arguing in the simple renders thread, take it to off-topic, or I'll start deleting posts and/or banning people.
please do it. it start to look bigfan-style-like
Check normals, dude!

fused
Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by fused » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:26 pm

okay. the next person posting offtopic in here will get banned for 48h.

:evil:

fused
Developer

Post by fused » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:45 am

a very simple rendering ^^
Attachments
quickrender.jpg
quickrender.jpg (233.47 KiB) Viewed 3166 times

Doug Armand
Indigo 100

Post by Doug Armand » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:47 am

fused wrote:a very simple rendering ^^
Thats pretty neat - any chance of a simple how to do?
Doug

Doug Armand

PureSpider

Post by PureSpider » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:10 am

All in all it's just another brick in the wall :lol:

Borgleader

Post by Borgleader » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:59 am

PureSpider wrote:All in all it's just another brick in the wall :lol:
I had "high hopes" and i really like how the "fat old sun" shines though, but i think you should "let there be more light", and incidently let us see whats "outside the wall"

*cough*

Did you model the holes in the mesh or is it an alpha texture thing? (null blending, or whatnot)
benn hired a mercenary to kill my sig...

fused
Developer

Post by fused » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:10 am

Borgleader wrote:I had "high hopes" and i really like how the "fat old sun" shines though, but i think you should "let there be more light", and incidently let us see whats "outside the wall"

*cough*

Did you model the holes in the mesh or is it an alpha texture thing? (null blending, or whatnot)
lol.

its an alpha texture, blended with null.
Doug Armand wrote:
fused wrote:a very simple rendering ^^
Thats pretty neat - any chance of a simple how to do?
maybe later tonight :)

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:57 am

Borgleader wrote:I had "high hopes" and i really like how the "fat old sun" shines though, but i think you should "let there be more light", and incidently let us see whats "outside the wall"

...er..after these ones, you better run like hell...

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:01 pm

An idea I had.. Simple studio.
Attachments
the place we always go back to.png
the place we always go back to.png (761.31 KiB) Viewed 3003 times

4421 posts