Simple Renderings Thread

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
Polinalkrimizei

Re: Simple Renderings Thread

Post by Polinalkrimizei » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:22 am

I would have believed you if you said this was a reference photo.

fused
Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by fused » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:33 am

SmartDen wrote:just a little test with Blender particles
whoa, den. sick.

zed_pmd
Indigo 100

Post by zed_pmd » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:58 am

it's my latest speed rendering for fun ;)
Attachments
chairs.jpg
chairs.jpg (228.01 KiB) Viewed 8532 times
Last edited by zed_pmd on Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Polinalkrimizei

Post by Polinalkrimizei » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:55 am

OMG they're alive! :shock:

hcpiter
1st Place Winner

Post by hcpiter » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:17 am

Hello !
My first post here :)
Play with water and tomato:

Thanks
Piotr

pixie
Indigo 100
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by pixie » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:57 am

hcpiter wrote:Hello !
My first post here :)
Play with water and tomato:
Great choice of colours, congrats! :)

Meelis

Post by Meelis » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:08 am

That's awesome SmartDen

Is it possible to make froth for beer?
Can instancing be used?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Y5QkyHYuITM/S ... 00/sss.jpg

Soup

Post by Soup » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:51 pm

@Den:
Awesome! that really does look real

@Zed:
Lol weird. The chair on the wall is my favoritate

@hcpiter:
The water kinda looks like little soft ice cubes, the need to be in a more solid stream I think :)

SmartDen
Developer

Post by SmartDen » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:55 am

@Meelis I don't think it possible in Blender. Maybe other software..

@All Thanks for comments
Check normals, dude!

Jeff

Post by Jeff » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:00 pm

Just decided to post some progress renders from my wip thread at the architectural visualization challenge. http://www.ronenbekerman.com/forums/gh- ... -jeff.html
Attachments
pov10c.jpg
pov10c.jpg (213.53 KiB) Viewed 8151 times
pov11s.jpg
pov11s.jpg (196.66 KiB) Viewed 8148 times
pov11j.jpg
pov11j.jpg (157.06 KiB) Viewed 8145 times
pov11b.jpg
pov11b.jpg (201.12 KiB) Viewed 8149 times
pov 9g.jpg
pov 9g.jpg (228.58 KiB) Viewed 8153 times

Polinalkrimizei

Post by Polinalkrimizei » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:13 pm

@meelis: It is possible to set up such a scene with blender, or other software, but that doesn't make much sense. You'll have to visualize the particles with spheres, and you will need a lot. Use the Particle instance modifier on the sphere, that way you can "apply" the modifier permanently when everything is baked, to "cut" the particle meshes with the glass (the bubbles close to the glass need to look "open").
I did a quick test yesterday, with 3.000.000 particles, it takes forever to bake, cause I used good old metaballs for the big bubbles on the sides, as they have to connect to and intersect each other. Use a small starting speed for the small bubbles, set them up from the "ground" of the foam, and zero starting speed for the big bubbles, set them up from the side of the glass. 3.000.000 particles are not enough, though.
You could also use boid particles (they have a rudimentary "inteligence"), tell them not to collide with the glass or with each other, then you will not need to apply boolean modifiers to the systems to get rid of the small bubbles inside the bigger bubbles.
Long story short: Reproducing foam by simulating each and every of its millions and millions of bubbles is probably the most complicated attempt to it. Use a texture instead. Try the particles only with patience and a lot of computing power.

@Jeff: Amazing. It fits the landscape perfectly. I imagine to sit there and let my feet dangle over the water. Awesome lightning, nice colors. The position of the sun in the last one is great also. First is my fav!

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:03 pm

StompinTom, amazing work really. Now to be honest and again I would like to read from you what you are aiming at with colours saturation. If it is wanted well allright that's your choice :) If you didn't calibrate your textures saturation yet, then that should be a concern of yours methinks. Those actual levels do not match "reality" to me, that's what I wanted to say.

@meelis and polinalkrimizei:
ISL will allow a structurally perfect moss at some point. The problem would be the way too thin surfaces, I can't tell how (if?) that would render (without playing with scene scale that is, wich is bad)...
obsolete asset

fenerolina

Post by fenerolina » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:52 pm

Hi Jeff! Nice one.
The first one is my favourite too. Little colour variation for the trees would be great but still don't know how the UI would look like. If you have any ideas post them in the wishlist thread of skindigo users.

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:37 am

CTZn wrote:StompinTom, amazing work really. Now to be honest and again I would like to read from you what you are aiming at with colours saturation. If it is wanted well allright that's your choice :) If you didn't calibrate your textures saturation yet, then that should be a concern of yours methinks. Those actual levels do not match "reality" to me, that's what I wanted to say.
Thanks CTZn!

I admit I did boost the saturation a bit. The audience for most of these images (and a lot of my work, lately) is the marketing/advertising department of the firm I work for. We're selling a product (cabins, homes, off-the-grid systems, resorts, etc.) and so making it a bit more colorful and vivid helps in catching the eye. The other alternative the firm had before was Sketchup renderings (and I mean straight out of Sketchup, no Skindio) so I've been gradually remodeling the projects in Blender and putting them within context.

Good call on the texture saturation, though! I definitely have to keep my eye on that in some areas...

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:50 am

Btw, slight update to my GH House entry. Still fighting with the composition and aspect ratio. I'm starting to think that maybe a heavy remodeling of the foreground tree and roots is in order to improve things.

Nick, make it go faster! Better! Stronger! I have too much fog and murky water!

Comments/crits much appreciated! The intent is a surreal, painterly image (http://www.reproarte.com/picture/Joseph ... 12996.html). I desperately need a break from typical arch. viz product shots so this one is for me me me.

EDIT: All textures are a mishmash of images from CGTextures.com. Best. Resource. Ever.
Attachments
100301_testrender4_rough.jpg
6-8 hours on my dual-core laptop because my quad keeps chugging away at work renderings.
100301_testrender4_rough.jpg (251.14 KiB) Viewed 8030 times

4421 posts