Page 1 of 4

Friday, 2.30 PM

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:47 pm
by Macrob
Hi! I had something different in mind when starting this. But then I liked the chair so much, I had to focus it :)

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:57 pm
by OnoSendai
Nice, bit much DOF effect I think.

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:25 pm
by Stur
Nooo ! I don't want to go back to school, pleaaaase !!



The chair is nice indeed.
But the room needs more light, I'd be depressed to work in such a dark athmosphere.

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:28 am
by Camox
I like the light, looks very real. Nice mats good moddeling great work ! :D

greetz

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:45 am
by suvakas
Good theme for a render!
I agree with Ono though. Too much dof makes it a bit unrealistic.

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:54 am
by CTZn
I don't have this sensation, blur occurs really near camera objective, it has to be so ! But ok I'm no photographer :)

A detail: chair's thickness. They are made with a leaf or what ? They should be at least 0.8cm thick imho...

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:02 am
by suvakas
CTZn wrote:I don't have this sensation, blur occurs really near camera objective, it has to be so ! But ok I'm no photographer :)
Yes, it's ok for objects in front, but i have a feeling, that everything behind that chair and table are slightly out of focus too. And that feels unrealistic to me.

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:14 am
by Camox
I think that is matter of taste, the picture looks very realistically. The DOF settings could be somewhat less, but it is ok. I have photos seen where more dof was. That does not take on the picture to anything realistik.
Into the gallerie please ! :D

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:48 am
by suvakas
Camox wrote:I think that is matter of taste..
Yeah, of course it is. That's what we're all representing here - our own personal opinion. 8)

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:12 am
by Macrob
I guess you are all right (a little bit :lol: ).
I´ll work on it.
But lesser (?or more?) DOF forces me to give the speaker more details (lazy me :roll: )

I started to simulate an overhead projector and so the classroom was born.
Do we have actually that optical rig competition? A lightsource emitting in only one direction is really hard to achieve. Also I have no complex knowledge of lenses :wink:

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:15 am
by Camox
suvakas wrote:
Camox wrote:I think that is matter of taste..
Yeah, of course it is. That's what we're all representing here - our own personal opinion. 8)
Really ? Everybody be cool you be cool. 8)

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:39 am
by OnoSendai
Camox wrote:I think that is matter of taste, the picture looks very realistically. The DOF settings could be somewhat less, but it is ok. I have photos seen where more dof was. That does not take on the picture to anything realistik.
Into the gallerie please ! :D
To some degree it's a matter of taste. But if you're going for a realistic image, there are limits to how much DOF effect you can have - because camera lenses / apertures just don't get that big.

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:40 am
by Camox
To some degree it's a matter of taste. But if you're going for a realistic image, there are limits to how much DOF effect you can have - because camera lenses / apertures just don't get that big.
At first sight it has a close degree at realism. dof settings may not be perhaps somewhat strongly however for my eye necessarily unrealistically. it is not perfectly comes however already well near to.
I do not have written it 100% realistically look. In any case one more successfully more render, that is my opinion. :)

I do not hope you understand me wrongly with my bad English.:oops:

greetz :wink:

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:36 am
by StompinTom
that DOF would be appropriate for a very fast lens (say, f2 or f1.4, a good prime lens) so i dont see it as a problem. be nice to see a texture on the desks, like a scratch map or something.
more contrast in postpro would look cool.

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:21 am
by Kram1032
great room :D

GREAT OVERHEAD! O.o

can you close up, how you did it? :)