Remember when computing was fun?

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
User avatar
pixie
Indigo 100
Posts: 2191
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:54 am
Location: Away from paradise
Contact:

Re: Remember when computing was fun?

Post by pixie » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:34 am

There's quite a story behind of Amiga! Great minds stood beynd their dream of presenting to the masses a new way of interacting with the computer. They stood by it until the very end, and had quite a loyal fan base, it was really sad that after many attemptsof reviving the brand never nothing came out of it.

User avatar
Polinalkrimizei
Posts: 632
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 6:59 am

Re: Remember when computing was fun?

Post by Polinalkrimizei » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:22 am

I was a BIG fan of Amiga Computers and startet 3D from there, with Maxon Cinema 4D 8)
I saved most of the old files on floppys, but can't read them anymore, even with an emulator. Render times didn't change much from then, with overnight scanline-renders pixel by pixel - good times. Yep, computing definetely was fun!
Does anybody remember Tornado 3D? I started with that when Maxon left for Mac and PC, since it was the only software that supported PowerPC Processors and fancy cybergraphix-cards. Yes, I am old :lol:

User avatar
pixie
Indigo 100
Posts: 2191
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:54 am
Location: Away from paradise
Contact:

Re: Remember when computing was fun?

Post by pixie » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:25 am

Polinalkrimizei wrote:I was a BIG fan of Amiga Computers and startet 3D from there, with Maxon Cinema 4D 8)
I saved most of the old files on floppys, but can't read them anymore, even with an emulator. Render times didn't change much from then, with overnight scanline-renders pixel by pixel - good times. Yep, computing definetely was fun!
Does anybody remember Tornado 3D? I started with that when Maxon left for Mac and PC, since it was the only software that supported PowerPC Processors and fancy cybergraphix-cards. Yes, I am old :lol:
I went to cinema 4d because of the amiga, but on amiga itself I played with Imagine 3D, after it was released on CU Amiga I went full berzerk and got the update to the almighty Imagine 3D 4 with manual et all! :D

User avatar
galinette
1st Place Winner
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:39 am
Location: Nantes, France
Contact:

Re: Remember when computing used to be fun?

Post by galinette » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:55 pm

Oscar J wrote:Is that first one a render or a reference photo? :)
That's a render, the tab key is wrong :)
Eclat-Digital Research
http://www.eclat-digital.com

User avatar
pixie
Indigo 100
Posts: 2191
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:54 am
Location: Away from paradise
Contact:

Re: Remember when computing used to be fun?

Post by pixie » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:58 pm

galinette wrote:
Oscar J wrote:Is that first one a render or a reference photo? :)
That's a render, the tab key is wrong :)
How come? I cannot see the difference. :oops:

https://vintagecpu.files.wordpress.com/ ... /a1200.jpg

User avatar
bubs
2nd Place Winner
Posts: 612
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: UK

Re: Remember when computing was fun?

Post by bubs » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:13 am

Your arrows on it are the other way around... :wink:

You don't get much past galinette!

User avatar
pixie
Indigo 100
Posts: 2191
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:54 am
Location: Away from paradise
Contact:

Re: Remember when computing was fun?

Post by pixie » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:38 am

bubs wrote:Your arrows on it are the other way around... :wink:

You don't get much past galinette!
LOL indeed!

User avatar
Lal-O
2nd Place Winner
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:09 am
Location: México
3D Software: SketchUp
Contact:

Re: Remember when computing was fun?

Post by Lal-O » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:35 am

Wow !!! ....the realism is STUNNING !!! :D

User avatar
pixie
Indigo 100
Posts: 2191
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:54 am
Location: Away from paradise
Contact:

Re: Remember when computing was fun?

Post by pixie » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:59 pm

Lal-O wrote:Wow !!! ....the realism is STUNNING !!! :D
Thanks, but it's all due Indigo! :)

User avatar
pixie
Indigo 100
Posts: 2191
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:54 am
Location: Away from paradise
Contact:

Re: Remember when computing was fun?

Post by pixie » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:59 pm

Raytracing real time on Amiga:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC8pF0qpzPI

User avatar
thesquirell
Posts: 380
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:49 am
Location: Novi Sad, Serbia

Re: Remember when computing was fun?

Post by thesquirell » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:14 pm

That RT Raytracing is a beast! :D Really enjoyed that video, thank you!

Post Reply
26 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest