Landscapes

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
Originalplan®
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Re: Landscapes

Post by Originalplan® » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:39 am

yonosoy wrote:Thank you Ono.
Oscar, in this moments I´m doing another isolation with a more complex cover ground.
The scene has 17.174372.952637 (more than 17 billions?) of triangles in v4.0 eating 16 GB of RAM. I brake the poly count of v3.8.

I retake the first one with Metropolis Pathtracing and performs very well. The color is subtled altered from Pathtracing to Metropolis Pathtracing.
landscape_Ab_2.jpg
Wow! 8)

Jay-ko

Post by Jay-ko » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:43 am

Is it possible to explain what is your method?
errare humanum est

yonosoy

Post by yonosoy » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:02 pm

Hi CTZn I feel the pictures closer to life too.
Thank you Originalplan.
Hi Jay-ko. I´m explaining every little thing I found. I suppose that you are referring to the landscapes meshes.
Some years ago I see a tutorial of CMIVFX called fractal terrains and clouds for houdini. Actually I´m generating some assets that could be used inside C4D containing the lessons of this tutorial. Then I´m exporting the trees with SurfaceSpread, a plugin from Laubwerk to C4d and finally I´m instancing some millions of patches of grasss with the internal scatter of infigo. All of this with indigo´s atmospheric simulation. If you need a specific answer do a specific question... :wink:

This is the landscape a new exercise, only the landscape, the lake, some trees and some clouds.
15 x 15 km patch, 4000 x 4000 poligons, 80000 trees. Overnight rendering with Metropolis pathtracing (12 hours).
The doom over the lake is supposed to be developed in the future (inflatable structures).
Attachments
landscape_Ad.jpg
"... nor 0.2 galaxys, nor 0.8 little chikens ..."

pixie
Indigo 100
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by pixie » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:08 pm

yonosoy wrote:Hi CTZn I feel the pictures closer to life too.
Thank you Originalplan.
Hi Jay-ko. I´m explaining every little thing I found. I suppose that you are referring to the landscapes meshes.
Some years ago I see a tutorial of CMIVFX called fractal terrains and clouds for houdini. Actually I´m generating some assets that could be used inside C4D containing the lessons of this tutorial. Then I´m exporting the trees with SurfaceSpread, a plugin from Laubwerk to C4d and finally I´m instancing some millions of patches of grasss with the internal scatter of infigo. All of this with indigo´s atmospheric simulation. If you need a specific answer do a specific question... :wink:

This is the landscape a new exercise, only the landscape, the lake, some trees and some clouds.
15 x 15 km patch, 4000 x 4000 poligons, 80000 trees. Overnight rendering with Metropolis pathtracing (12 hours).
The doom over the lake is supposed to be developed in the future (inflatable structures).
You may soon starting to tax the sh*# out of it, become by right its sovereign ruler! :D

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:07 pm

yup, pretty awesome !
obsolete asset

yonosoy

Post by yonosoy » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:32 pm

Hi.
Thanks, pixie and CTZn.
This exercise is a little bit complex. Look at the scrren captures.
scree_capture_A.jpg
This is a mesh of 4000 x 4000 quads (32 Millions of unique triangles inside Indigo. As you can see I have enough polygons in the mesh except for the first plane. 7 dependent view subdivisions are enough with a total of 36 millions of unique triangles. I can´t give to the mesh a single global subdivision, so the internal subdivision of Indigo has no use for this purposes. (A new one with only dependent subdivisions is needed for landscapes.)
screeen_capture_B.jpg
The final take takes me too long because the displacement of the sand takes in account the meaning of slope mixing in the sand waves rock and sand. Finally this. 3h and a half of rendering for 14K spp.
landscape_Ae.jpg

yonosoy

Post by yonosoy » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:10 am

A new one playing with the haze of the "clouds and haze" code of CTZn.
Attachments
landscape_Ag.jpg

arc en ciel

Post by arc en ciel » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:45 am

that's really beautiful, Bravo !
your a master about ray's system and scattering integration, i get only error trying to merge C4D .igs file and other .igs file including scattering generated by sketchupif someone would make a tuto about that :)

yonosoy

Post by yonosoy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:50 am

Thank you.
A little experiment. The goal was to iluminate the scene with the sun of the Sky and Sun indigo´s system instead of the extra atmospheric one. They are two different suns.
The sun of the Sun and Sky system is too weak in atmospheric simulation, but with the help of the Sky produces beautiful colors and a warm sensation for aperture difraction..
Sun_&_Sky_(captured simulation.jpg
The true is other, we are at more than 8000 meters of altitude, there is no so much atmosphere in the horizon and the sun brights a lot.
Extra_atmospheric_Sun.jpg
Only an experiment. I like the way sun takes yellow tint in low zenith.

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:00 am

Incredible pictures, and so clean as well. :)

Onizuka

Post by Onizuka » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:30 am

Beautifull yonosoy
Oscar J wrote:Incredible pictures, and so clean as well. :)
It would be Strange with such a computer to show not clean images :D

yonosoy

Post by yonosoy » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:11 pm

Thanks a lot Oscar and Onizuka.

30 x 30 km. of patch. 5000 x 5000 poligons. A million of instances exported with C4D (144 minutes). 14K spp.
I like in this one how the elements mix together in the middle distances. For the landscape I used a simple slope function to mix rock and soil, then the leaveless tress and the grass are deescribed by a single surfacespread. Testing with this the ability of other houdini noises to describe landscape. This is houdini perlin noise in a multifractal function.
Attachments
landscape_Ah_3.jpg

contegufo

Post by contegufo » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:58 am

Hi

Congratulations on your engagement!
My perplexity refers to the huge export time (144 min.). Maybe they are experiments, however, I find it hard to understand if the limit is a viable option for all or is it just an extreme test. There are faster alternatives? Maybe Carbon Scatter etc.?
Mac Mini 2011 - 2,3 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 Mb.
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB - MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6

https://www.behance.net/Paolo_Conti

yonosoy

Post by yonosoy » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:36 am

Hi Contegufo. You are right, so many thanks.
A test with Carbon Scatter. A million of trees in a minute of exportation. Can´t understand it, I figure out that the problem was the limit of Cindigo but that´s not true. There is a bottle neck of any kind with SurfaceSpread.
I will continue the experiments with Carbon Scatter waiting some info about to scatter by material in indigo.
Attachments
test_carbon_scatter.jpg

arc en ciel

Post by arc en ciel » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:04 pm

info about to scatter by material in indigo
actually you can select a mat for restrict scattering action
Attachments
scatterTargetMat.jpg

180 posts