mostlikely animation - "Drift Following The Seam"

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
perfahl

mostlikely animation - "Drift Following The Seam"

Post by perfahl » Wed May 13, 2015 11:35 pm

hi there, since I am working on this animation project for quite some time I will share it here for you. It began with a music piece by Robert Schwarz, an austrian sound artist and we wanted to create a visual counterpiece for it. After I saw the beauty of the MLT BiDi renderer (thanks kklors!) I gave it a try. Just using low samples and moving light sources interacting with a changing stage. It worked out pretty well, only motion blur was a little hard but I like using this querks for the better. There are quite some thoughts in it but see yourself:
I will keep you updated
Attachments
drift_following_the_seam_01.jpg
drift_following_the_seam_02.jpg
drift_following_the_seam_03.jpg
drift_following_the_seam_04.jpg
drift_following_the_seam_05.jpg

davide445

Re: mostlikely animation - "Drift Following The Seam"

Post by davide445 » Thu May 14, 2015 12:42 am

Really beautiful graphics, I'm also starting working on a graphics for a ballet event, nice to see these results.

Just a question as newbie: for that kind of "abstract" graphics does make sense to use an unbiased renderer?

Maybe using some VFX/creative coding tool with OpenGL graphics you will obtain similar results.

Just to better understand Indigo usage, maybe the need to trick many realistic effects will clean out the computational time you save using an biased renderer.

lycium

Post by lycium » Thu May 14, 2015 1:03 am

Whoa, those are awesome, great work! And yeah, it does remind of kklors' wonderfully abstract MLT style :)

perfahl

Post by perfahl » Thu May 14, 2015 2:40 am

@lycium - thanks a lot!
@davide: it depends what you want to achieve, for me this time unbiased was the way to go, to simulate effects and not faking them was important. realistic light propagation in a surrealistic setup is nice. so this is more like: throw something in and lets see whats coming out, creating a subtle machine and play with it.

davide445

Post by davide445 » Thu May 14, 2015 3:18 am

perfahl wrote:@lycium - thanks a lot!
@davide: it depends what you want to achieve, for me this time unbiased was the way to go, to simulate effects and not faking them was important. realistic light propagation in a surrealistic setup is nice. so this is more like: throw something in and lets see whats coming out, creating a subtle machine and play with it.
I'm also thinking unbiased allow for grater artistic freedom, will start experimenting myself soon.
Thanks for sharing your thought.

perfahl

Post by perfahl » Thu May 14, 2015 11:05 pm

right now I am having problems with renderfarm rendering. ranch computing are doing their best but if cindigo is exporting textures for each frame again the file size is getting too big
they will try to render it anyway - I will keep you updated

exporting textures for each frame would only make sense if the texture is animated

6 posts • Page 1 of 1