Wooden house on Kopaonik (Serbia)

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Pikadili89

Wooden house on Kopaonik (Serbia)

Post by Pikadili89 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:49 am

Heya guys. I just finished this small but interesting wooden house. Can anybody tell me how to get rid of fireflies in the night render? It was ENV map + lights while day render was only ENV map. The background is actually a picture of some landscape set in sketchup as plane background with settings for "recieve shadows" and "cast shadows" set to OFF. This renders are raw, without any postproduction couse my skill at photoshop is terible! :)

And ofc, shoot critics and comments! :)
Attachments
2.jpg
1.jpg

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Re: Wooden house on Kopaonik (Serbia)

Post by Oscar J » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:32 am

Overall great renders, with a very nice mood to them. I'm not really good at rendering these kinds of things, but here are some noob suggestions anyway, which probably should be valued as such.

In both renders, you have a lot of noise going on. Try using BiDir rendering method if you're using PT now, and BiDir with MLT if you're already using BiDir. If the noise still won't go away, try raising the supersampling value to 3 or even 4 (it will eat more memory, but it shouldn't be that bad). Another thing that sometimes generates noise, is having too bright textures/materials. The wood for example, looks a bit bright. Check the wood texture in your photo editing software of choice and make sure that the RGB values don't go much higher than 200/200/200. Last but not least, use glass acceleration, if you aren't already.

In the night render, I'd suggest cranking up the HDRI a bit, so that there's a suggestion of the roofing and grass. I usually try to avoid having big areas totally black or totally white, but I suppose that's a matter of taste.

I'd try having a slightly more directional lighting situation in the daylight render. This can be achieved either by using the Indigo sun/sky model, or a HDRI with a brighter sun. The jeep looks maybe a tiny bit too small, but otherwise great.

Good luck, keep us updated! :)

Pikadili89

Post by Pikadili89 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:46 am

Thanks for the tips mate, I use BiDir with MLT and glass acc. on and ssf set to value of 1. I will try BiDir mode and to raise ssf. The Merc is about 4-5 m away from the sky but perspective don't show it :D

Anywaym thanks a lot Oscar!

Bosseye

Post by Bosseye » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:54 am

Looks good!

I think you need some paths and so on up to the front door and a driveway for the car - no one has a house that's sat in the middle of a field (not that I'm aware of anyway!). Also something is bothering me about those conifer trees in the background, they look bit odd. And theres a curious black glitch on the wall by the left hand steps up.

Anyway, a great start, well done.

4 posts • Page 1 of 1