"Advanced" WIPs

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
Zalevskiy

Re: "Advanced" WIPs

Post by Zalevskiy » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:18 pm

Pibuz wrote:Ciao Contegufo! Mi devo essere perso il tuo commento: scusa :lol:
Sono d'accordo con te: ho conosciuto di recente le luci edison e sono molto belle! Purtroppo nn ho budget per lavorare ancora su queste immagini, MA ho trovato una scena stuzzicante e ho fatto qualche test. Questo è il risultato. Diffrazione di Indigo, non postprodotta.

--

Hi Contegufo! I must have missed your comment, sorry :lol:
I do agree with you: I've seen the edison lightbulbs recently and they're very cool indeed! Sadly, I have no more budget to spend over these images, BUT I found on the warehouse an inspiring model and I did some testing. This is the result. Diffraction comes from Indigo, it's not postproduced.
Really like the detail of the walls)

It would be good to increase the number of polygons at the clock to get rid of the ladder. Create PSD mockup and sell their works on the http://graphicriver.net/item/frame-post ... &s_rank=86 :)

contegufo

Post by contegufo » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:41 am

Ciao

Bella immgine e le luci fanno una bella figura. Ultimo consiglio: se i settori circolari dell'orologio avessero colori complementari al giallo? Magari anche desaturati?

Beautiful image and the lights make a good impression. Last tip: If the circular sectors clock had complementary color to yellow? Maybe even you desaturated?
Mac Mini 2011 - 2,3 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 Mb.
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB - MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6

https://www.behance.net/Paolo_Conti

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:52 am

To tell the truth, the clock is the thing which bothers me most. I'm thinking about changing it with a shiny black plastic one, maybe with a faceted surface..

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:39 am

I quite like the clock. :)

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:02 pm

You'll like even better the next one, if I can find it :lol:

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:21 am

Hi all!
Next step is: my very first copy from photo!

Attaching a wip. Crits and comments are welcome as always!
Attachments
im1454355976_traccia.jpg
im1454355976_big.jpg

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:54 am

this already looks very promising Pibuz!
Keep it up :)
polygonmanufaktur.de

bubs
2nd Place Winner

Post by bubs » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:50 pm

Looking good Pibuz! I've been finding myself a bit 'stuck' at getting that last step towards photorealism, I'm quite happy that I can produce reasonably good renders now, but I still know they're renders... and I've been tinkering with a 'famous building shot' :roll: as a test for myself the last few weeks. As a fellow SketchUp user I will be following you closely as I'm very interested to see how you progress with this... and I do love that lamp! Been trying to talk my wife into buying one for a while! :lol: Have you modelled the furniture yourself?

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:27 pm

Bubs...I think that your renders look quite photorealistic already! I always follow you with interest every time you post: your results are excellent, and your tricks helped me a lot understanding new workflows, so a little slice of my knowledge belongs to you for sure, and to many other users from this forum.

I must say I am less "everything-must-be-CG" than you: I accept working a little in photoshop, as long as the result is compatible with the rendered parts. I didn't spend so much time in vegetation, for instance, when I see you worked a lot on that and it came out very good. The interior shots are more friendly to me: you only have to be maniac for details, and that is my bread :mrgreen: .

My philosophy is "model everything is architecture", and it's like that because I think SketchUp's not the best friend for organic modeling, but I don't know any other modeling program enough to model such complex design pieces.
BTW, I enjoy the random modeling of simple objects, even more if they're NECESSARY to the scene: it's been like this for the lamp, not the simplest object on earth but - damn it - it's a sphere: can't be that hard!
After about a day a work, now it's in the warehouse if you want to have a look and download it. The link is in my blog too. I'd be flattered to have some feedback on the modeling from you :D

I'll post the progresses for sure! I am also interested to see what I can reach!

Oscar J
1st Place Winner

Post by Oscar J » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:27 am

Loving this little explosion of Pibuz renders we're seeing. :) Hope you haven't dropped the loft scene?

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:30 am

Don't know where it's heading actually.......quite difficult scene, I must be inspired to work on that!

thesquirell

Post by thesquirell » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:43 pm

Looks great, keep it up! As for the modeling part, I would suggest that you make your radius of a table top holder a little bit bigger. This looks rather thin to me, like it wouldn't be able to support table top's weight, kinda like a giant head on a thin neck :D. It probably will, but just a little suggestion.

@bubs. I can't tell the difference between photographs and your renders, sooo... :D Stop thinking, and start schooling us!

bubs
2nd Place Winner

Post by bubs » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:26 am

thesquirell wrote:@bubs. I can't tell the difference between photographs and your renders, sooo... Stop thinking, and start schooling us!
very kind of you to say, but I think I've plenty of improvement to make! If there is anything in particular you want me to help 'school' I'd be more than happy to help if I can! :D

thesquirell

Post by thesquirell » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:18 am

Well, not having an intention to hijack this thread, but this:
http://www.indigorenderer.com/sites/def ... /07FKL.jpg

It is the best render I've seen. Ever. I can't tell the difference between photograph and this render, no matter how much I try. So, a step-by-step of the creation of it would be the only thing that would satisfy me! :D

Oscar J
1st Place Winner

Post by Oscar J » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:57 am

Yeah, that one is crazy good. :)

170 posts