"Advanced" WIPs

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
Zalevskiy
3D Software: Blender

Re: "Advanced" WIPs

Post by Zalevskiy » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:18 pm

del
Last edited by Zalevskiy on Sat May 29, 2021 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

contegufo

Post by contegufo » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:41 am

Ciao

Bella immgine e le luci fanno una bella figura. Ultimo consiglio: se i settori circolari dell'orologio avessero colori complementari al giallo? Magari anche desaturati?

Beautiful image and the lights make a good impression. Last tip: If the circular sectors clock had complementary color to yellow? Maybe even you desaturated?
Mac Mini 2011 - 2,3 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 Mb.
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB - MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6

https://www.behance.net/Paolo_Conti

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:52 am

To tell the truth, the clock is the thing which bothers me most. I'm thinking about changing it with a shiny black plastic one, maybe with a faceted surface..

Oscar J
1st Place Winner

Post by Oscar J » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:39 am

I quite like the clock. :)

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:02 pm

You'll like even better the next one, if I can find it :lol:

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:21 am

Hi all!
Next step is: my very first copy from photo!

Attaching a wip. Crits and comments are welcome as always!
Attachments
im1454355976_traccia.jpg
im1454355976_big.jpg

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:54 am

this already looks very promising Pibuz!
Keep it up :)
polygonmanufaktur.de

bubs
2nd Place Winner

Post by bubs » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:50 pm

Looking good Pibuz! I've been finding myself a bit 'stuck' at getting that last step towards photorealism, I'm quite happy that I can produce reasonably good renders now, but I still know they're renders... and I've been tinkering with a 'famous building shot' :roll: as a test for myself the last few weeks. As a fellow SketchUp user I will be following you closely as I'm very interested to see how you progress with this... and I do love that lamp! Been trying to talk my wife into buying one for a while! :lol: Have you modelled the furniture yourself?

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:27 pm

Bubs...I think that your renders look quite photorealistic already! I always follow you with interest every time you post: your results are excellent, and your tricks helped me a lot understanding new workflows, so a little slice of my knowledge belongs to you for sure, and to many other users from this forum.

I must say I am less "everything-must-be-CG" than you: I accept working a little in photoshop, as long as the result is compatible with the rendered parts. I didn't spend so much time in vegetation, for instance, when I see you worked a lot on that and it came out very good. The interior shots are more friendly to me: you only have to be maniac for details, and that is my bread :mrgreen: .

My philosophy is "model everything is architecture", and it's like that because I think SketchUp's not the best friend for organic modeling, but I don't know any other modeling program enough to model such complex design pieces.
BTW, I enjoy the random modeling of simple objects, even more if they're NECESSARY to the scene: it's been like this for the lamp, not the simplest object on earth but - damn it - it's a sphere: can't be that hard!
After about a day a work, now it's in the warehouse if you want to have a look and download it. The link is in my blog too. I'd be flattered to have some feedback on the modeling from you :D

I'll post the progresses for sure! I am also interested to see what I can reach!

Oscar J
1st Place Winner

Post by Oscar J » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:27 am

Loving this little explosion of Pibuz renders we're seeing. :) Hope you haven't dropped the loft scene?

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:30 am

Don't know where it's heading actually.......quite difficult scene, I must be inspired to work on that!

thesquirell

Post by thesquirell » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:43 pm

Looks great, keep it up! As for the modeling part, I would suggest that you make your radius of a table top holder a little bit bigger. This looks rather thin to me, like it wouldn't be able to support table top's weight, kinda like a giant head on a thin neck :D. It probably will, but just a little suggestion.

@bubs. I can't tell the difference between photographs and your renders, sooo... :D Stop thinking, and start schooling us!

bubs
2nd Place Winner

Post by bubs » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:26 am

thesquirell wrote:@bubs. I can't tell the difference between photographs and your renders, sooo... Stop thinking, and start schooling us!
very kind of you to say, but I think I've plenty of improvement to make! If there is anything in particular you want me to help 'school' I'd be more than happy to help if I can! :D

thesquirell

Post by thesquirell » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:18 am

Well, not having an intention to hijack this thread, but this:
http://www.indigorenderer.com/sites/def ... /07FKL.jpg

It is the best render I've seen. Ever. I can't tell the difference between photograph and this render, no matter how much I try. So, a step-by-step of the creation of it would be the only thing that would satisfy me! :D

Oscar J
1st Place Winner

Post by Oscar J » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:57 am

Yeah, that one is crazy good. :)

170 posts