Simple living box

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
13 posts • Page 1 of 1
Pikadili89

Simple living box

Post by Pikadili89 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:00 pm

Hey guys, this is my latest work I wanted to share with you. Feel free to shoot some critics and comments! :)
Attachments
Prva varijanta.jpg
Enterijer.jpg

thednx

Re: Simple living box

Post by thednx » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:44 pm

Hi,

very nice! I like the clean-cut, simplistic approach! The Couch fabric is very nice. The magazines look a bit...blocky? Very nice!

tarikb

Post by tarikb » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:33 am

Predobar render.. Svaka cast.. Jel mozes da mi posaljes hdr mapu, mnogo bi mi znacilo. Hvala :)

Odakle si, by the way?
Skindigo
i7 5820K @3.3Ghz | GTX 660 Ti 3gb

Pikadili89

Post by Pikadili89 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:35 am

E pozdrav!

Mogu, mozes da mi posaljes samo mail?

Iz PA

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:11 am

Lovely concept. I would have put alternative furnitures within but that's just me. No giant sofa. No TV. A mezzanine. But that's just me.

oh there's a second floor isn't it ?
obsolete asset

tarikb

Post by tarikb » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:03 am

Bruncevic.tarik@gmail.com
PA- za pancevo?
Koji program koristis? Hajde, ako mozes dodaj me na facebook, voleo bi da imamo kontakt, jer i ja koristim pravo dugo indigo renderer.. Pozz
Skindigo
i7 5820K @3.3Ghz | GTX 660 Ti 3gb

Pikadili89

Post by Pikadili89 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:01 pm

Thanks CTZn, even tho I agree with you, all the furnitures were demand of client, so who asks me or you?! :D
And yes, there is a second floor with bed and working table :)

@TarkiB

Da iz Panceva sam, koristim sketchup :)

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:57 am

I see. Make your client happy, I for one am already liking the results :)

Did you use glass acceleration ? Wich render mode is this ?
obsolete asset

Pikadili89

Post by Pikadili89 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:13 am

yeah I did use glass acceleration, it is bidirectional with MLT :)

dirtypr

Post by dirtypr » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:23 am

Very nice work!

JK

Post by JK » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:42 am

Hey there!

Pretty nice shots! Are you using sketchup? I think I found a couple of ur models in 3d warehouse :)(books and couches). I'm asking this cuz there are plenty ways to make your scene even more realistic. For example your windows. You left them as simple geometry, cubic I might say. You rounded up the corners but that's not enough:). Try making them more "window profiled" like here: http://static3.depositphotos.com/100088 ... rofile.jpg . Ppl so often understimate that little detail and in my opinion it can work magic! It really gives a "real thing" touch :).

For some other tech details I think you still miss some bump especially on the couch texture and all of your wood floor - outdoor and indoor. Also the table could use some tweaking(bump on the wood or at least some more imperfection texture)! Correct me if im wrong, but that's just the impression i got from a first thought.

Also - no chimnyes(that doesnt mean the brick ones)? There are plenty of ways to get vent but I can't see any crates or pipes inside(or outside). Isn't the ceiling too shiny(that depends on the materials used but your walls seem to be too shiny too)? Try finding "dcm white walls" recepie ;) on the forums. It helped me a lot. Also read this one: http://www.ronenbekerman.com/photograph ... alisation/ . Pretty helpful!

The next thing is the TV hanging on the wall in front of a window. Are you sure you can open the window? Looks like very close to the wall. Even hinges(sorry i used the translator don't know if I got this one translated right - those stupid things that let your window open) on the down side of it could just collide when you try to open. Besides it misses some cable(I know you could put that in the wall and cover with plaster but that's kinda sloppy).

I can't really tell whats wrong with the windows on the right facade of the buliding on the outdoor shot. The ones that give reflections to the rustical buildings. If you'd post entire scene you could solve that mistery ;).

Details details details - light switches, lamps(can't see any), electric sockets :).

All in all it's a good one!

Cheers and keep up the good work,

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:51 am

I must agree 100% with JK's review: all you need is put a huge amount of detailing in you scene.
Also, you should work a little more on your materials: they're generally flat at the moment, and also a little too shiny (exagerated exponent value, mainly as for the floor and interior right wall). Moreover, don't add "silly" things which only add more work to do without a significant gain in terms of realism: you could easily drop the apples on the table and the magazines on the left sofa. Only when everything else is excellent you should add these for a perfect look. :wink:
Last tip: the exterior shot should be more shiny, at the moment the photo seems a little underexposed.

Btw there is good effort in these images, we all can feel it! Bravo!

Pikadili89

Post by Pikadili89 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:12 am

Yeah, I totaly agree with you guys...still need to put a more time into model. Anyway, the walls are shiny becouse they are PVC, the little house is actually container modifed into livving box :). Yeah I am using sketchup and books are from warehouse, even tho couches are mine :D. Some of the details are missing couse the "house" don't have them, for example cheemeres, or what they are called :D, neither ventilation instalations, only small windows in the kitchen and bathroom... thanks again for nice advices and sorry for my late respond, was prity busy these days :). In this pic you can see how I made windows

Cheers! :)
Attachments
window.jpg

13 posts • Page 1 of 1