kklors render stuff

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
343 posts
kklors

kklors render stuff

Post by kklors » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:32 pm

So I'll take my chance and created an own render thread.

Probably not the most impressive piece to start with, as I had zero free time this week and done in a rush, but at least something to get going :)
Attachments
weekly19.jpg

ritter
Indigo 100

Re: kklors render stuff

Post by ritter » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:54 pm

Very nice, like the POV.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:48 pm

Might be unimpressive to the many but not for me...

I'm glad that you started this thread, and I'm sure that your discipline will be a great source of emulation here.
obsolete asset

pixie
Indigo 100
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by pixie » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:25 am

And so the legend has born... it has begin! :D

kklors

Post by kklors » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:22 pm

Thanks so much for the positive feedback people!

Didn't post the last week's work on it's own because it was too crap due too lack of time.
I'll attach it together with this week's work though.

This week I recreated a piece in 3D by one of my favourite illustrators Kilian Eng.
The original can be seen here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =3&theater

I'm also writing short breakdowns for each weekly piece and can link them in the future if the interest is there.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23855217/weeklybreak21.pdf

Will have a bit more free time soon and can't wait to do some other Indigo stuff and concept renderings.
Attachments
weekly20b.jpg
weekly21.jpg

lape

Post by lape » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:56 pm

nice! you certainly have to much time, how can you do one render a week...? :wink:
24 hours isn't enough
http://www.werkraum3d.com

kklors

Post by kklors » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:13 pm

Heh thanks. I actually don't have any time at all so to say if you want a serious answer.
Work 40-60 hours a week at two jobs atm, it's just that about 1 1/2 years ago I decided to spend all the time I've spent on TV and PC games for 3D instead. Even if it's 30-120 minutes a day, it sums up pretty quickly over the time.

You should know it too though, german TV became unbearably stupid anyway. What the heck is wrong with the people?

fused
Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by fused » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:56 pm

kklors wrote:You should know it too though, german TV became unbearably stupid anyway. What the heck is wrong with the people?
It's so bad. Used to not even have a TV but my SO insisted on one... And while I mostly use it to view stereo 3D images rendered in Indigo she actually watches some of the really really bad stuff. ಠ_ಠ

Great decision to not watch TV anymore and do something useful with your time. This way we all get something nice (your renders :) ).

Voytech

Post by Voytech » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:53 am

fused wrote:
kklors wrote:You should know it too though, german TV became unbearably stupid anyway. What the heck is wrong with the people?
It's so bad. Used to not even have a TV but my SO insisted on one... And while I mostly use it to view stereo 3D images rendered in Indigo she actually watches some of the really really bad stuff. ಠ_ಠ

Great decision to not watch TV anymore and do something useful with your time. This way we all get something nice (your renders :) ).
I'm in the same position. I have a TV and pay for cable only because of my wife and F1 races.

Polinalkrimizei

Post by Polinalkrimizei » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:07 am

The worst thing about german TV is that you have to pay for shitty content even when your TV is not connected... I hooked our plasma to my PC for nice HD movies, and don't even have the possibility to access the normal program but guess what the GEZ doesn't give a single f..k :shock:

really awesome renders and productivity by the way, I really enjoy this thread. I like your topics/perspectives a lot!

lape

Post by lape » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:41 am

German television is not so bad... you can watch the news. For example. Or the news. And sometimes I also watch the news... :lol:
And though I'm only watching the news for 15min a day there is not enough time.
24 hours isn't enough
http://www.werkraum3d.com

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:44 am

..reassessing peppa pig..

kklors

Post by kklors » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:09 pm

fused wrote: It's so bad. Used to not even have a TV but my SO insisted on one... And while I mostly use it to view stereo 3D images rendered in Indigo she actually watches some of the really really bad stuff. ಠ_ಠ
Haha, hilarious : D

@Pibuz: What's that? : O

Done a new render. A quickie again.

Also currently experimenting with rendering clouds in Indigo and hopefully will be able to post some tests during the weekend. Big volumes like 1km x 300m x 1km take ages to be prepared by the renderer before it starts rendering.
Attachments
weekly22.jpg

JK

Post by JK » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:19 pm

Dude this is incredibly good. True essence of sci fi landscape, at least to me. Simple yet it lets you feel the space if you know what i mean :). 10/10!

edit: looks like a mixture of Prometheus and Tron ;>

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:44 pm

So true ! It's slightly mind twisting to see these huge vessel that feel yet like feathers.
obsolete asset

343 posts