Loft interior / advice welcomed

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
Headroom
Indigo 100

Loft interior / advice welcomed

Post by Headroom » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:29 am

All the above and perhaps move the Sofa away from the wall and put some taller plants and lighting behind it.
iMac 2.93 GHz Quad Core i7. 12 GB memory
ATI Radeon HD 5750M 1024 MB
OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite
Blender 2.72, Blendigo 3.8.25, Indigo 3.8.26

Trippy Lighting LLC - Colorful LED lighting systems
High Power RGB LED driver - Blog

wojtek-w

Re: Loft interior / advice welcomed

Post by wojtek-w » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:11 am

hi,
IMHO You should take a look at materials borders - f.e. where stone tiles meet wood planks. In real life there's always something there (cork, steel or just a small gap).
Also a good trick is to lift all standing furnitures about 05,-1mm up - it simulates (real) unperfection of floor/furniture surfaces.
The last thing - on the 04.jpg the perspective outside the windows doesn't match. It bothers me a lot - but maybe it's just me. (irrelevant to the project i know)
Good work anyway (both desing and render)

FoXar

Post by FoXar » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:23 pm

Hi guys!

Thanks again for these great comments, they have been off great help!
Unfortunately the client denied To fill the scene with props, he did agree on a magazine or 2 :mrgreen:

Thankd for the tip on the carpet, I made it through the fur maker plugin, I'll give the ones with thick hair a try soon!
Proportions are correct though, maybe it feels odd because of the proportions of the space..
I love plants in a scene, unfortunately a client who refers to plants as being an amazon prefers otherwise..

Thanks wojtek, I usually try to take in mind these subtle unevenness, but I really lost track due to all the changes on this one.. Thanls for the tips!

I'll upload the finals of the project tonight.
Cheers,
Roo Evans

FoXar

Post by FoXar » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:25 pm

Hi guys!

Thanks again for these great comments, they have been off great help!
Unfortunately the client denied To fill the scene with props, he did agree on a magazine or 2 :mrgreen:

Thankd for the tip on the carpet, I made it through the fur maker plugin, I'll give the ones with thick hair a try soon!
Proportions are correct though, maybe it feels odd because of the proportions of the space..
I love plants in a scene, unfortunately a client who refers to plants as being an amazon prefers otherwise..

Thanks wojtek, I usually try to take in mind these subtle unevenness, but I really lost track due to all the changes on this one.. Thanls for the tips!

I'll upload the finals of the project tonight.

Btw, if there's any texture or object I could share (if possible) I'd be happy to, most textures are custom made, I also made most of the kitchen appliances, tables, tv, lamp,...
Cheers,
Roo Evans

FoXar

Post by FoXar » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:43 am

Hey guys!

Here you have the final project, unfortunately I had to skip a lot of requested changes from here, but I'm sure to keep them in mind!
Casco1.jpg
Casco2.jpg
Casco3.jpg
Casco4.jpg
Casco5.jpg
Casco6.jpg
Casco7.jpg
Casco9.jpg
Attachments
Casco10.jpg
Cheers,
Roo Evans