Simple Interiors Thread

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
267 posts
Bosseye

Re: Simple Interiors Thread

Post by Bosseye » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:19 pm

Thats great! Lots of inspiring stuff on there. I like how a few pages down it shouts at me to 'THINK OF YOUR OWN IDEAS' :lol: I haven't got any, that's why I'm looking.

Ok, so I tweaked the floor which I prefer. Changed the bump map and lowered it a little, added a texture to the exponent (now set to 100 - not sure if this is smooth/shiny enough, might up it a little), scaled the chair down to the correct size ( :lol: )....fixed the error on the HDRi where the horizon suddenly jumped down a step.

Next on the list then:
- More furniture (although, as yer man Tar_Gnik suggests, I don't want to fill the space up too much)
- More detail on the window frames
- Perhaps some more interesting ceiling geometry
- Other stuff I haven't thought of yet.

I'll probably leave the curtain as a solid diffuse object, I rather like the 'heavy' cosy feel to that corner with it blocking out the light.

No updates for a while though, new baby due end of the week, so I shall be busy with other things....Thanks to all who gave advice and helped get me to this point anyway.
Room 7.jpg

Mor4us
3rd Place Winner
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by Mor4us » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:30 am

just starting a series of interiour doodles. I think i've slowly found the key to indigo, it's just starting to make so much fun :D
Attachments
3_final.jpg
C4D R20 Studio
mad-imagery.com

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:33 am

Wow, very impressive Mor4us!

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:29 pm

Nice one too Bosseye.

New baby, just that. Congrats !
obsolete asset

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:20 pm

Mor4us, that is wonderful!
Modeling package? Inspiration?

ninopiamonte

Post by ninopiamonte » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:51 pm

@Mor4us

I just love the tone! And I realized a wood floor can also be the ceiling :?

Mor4us
3rd Place Winner

Post by Mor4us » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:27 pm

Thanks for all the kind words, didn't expect such a feedback :D

@Pibuz: I'm using Cinema4D for modelling. Inspiration for this image was, once again,
http://architecturepastebook.co.uk credits go to dcm posting this page here ;)

*THIS WAS MY INSPIRATION, NOT MY WORK*

Whilst testing out materials and lighting mood I got this feeling my rendering needed a different look than the reference photo.
In Indigo I used Agfapan-APX-400CD so i had to do a little postpro for toning, vignetting, ISO noise, desaturation in Photoshop.

glad you like it!
C4D R20 Studio
mad-imagery.com

JK

Post by JK » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:43 pm

Mor4us

Fine looking render but stairs look unrealistic. Their height is bigger than depth. Try making them with a formula <i>2h+d= 60 to 65 cm</i>. Where h=height(it's from the top of one top to the top of the one above or beneath - not the height of a single step) , d=depth. Rememeber to make height like 15-20cm(20cm in Poland is applied only to stairs leading to the attic or a basement). They will look more realistic then. I know it's probably a private house where the laws are not applied so strictly, but they look pretty uncomfortable to walk. Also i get the impression that the handrail should be made of some kind of metal like chrome. Try adding some more shininess to the render ;) (especially furniture). But that's only my impression ;)

Cheers and keep up the good work!

PureSpider

Post by PureSpider » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:00 am

Gotta love the arroway concrete pack <3

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:22 am

JK, that's not his work :wink: Read his post again.

Mor4us
3rd Place Winner

Post by Mor4us » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:55 am

Thanks guys!
I have to admit, the stairs would never be allowed to be built this way (at least in Germany).
I've tried to build them like in the picture, but it was difficult without any measurements... so i tried to estimate stepsize by the size of the concrete panels (1x2m?) but this didn't make any sense to the stepsizes for the stairs.
with this estimation i'd have a storey height of ~3.0-3.5m from ground floor to first storey. Divided by the 15 steps, would make 20-23cm height with every step... way too much to call itself a comfortable staircase :D

If anyone knows better about the size of the concrete panels, please feel free to enlighten me :D
C4D R20 Studio
mad-imagery.com

pixie
Indigo 100

Post by pixie » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:00 am

Now there, just fixed those stairs for you :P
Attachments
fixedstairs.jpg

JK

Post by JK » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:37 am

Oscar_J: Yah, but the first one is(inspired by something but still modelled by his own hands ;) ). Mor4us just posted while I was posting. It's still referring to the first render(second one is a photo or at least looks like it) and I really do read the posts. Found something fishy going on and just shared my opinion. If I'm not right, just correct me ;). To me stairs don't look natural and the handrail should be metal, the LCD screen doesn't have any reflections. I really think this is a good, way better that what I do and I don't mean to offend anyone. If I did I can just shush ;)

Mor4us: Hey, generally there are some points you can hook up to. The light switch is usually at a 1,2m to 1,5m height - this gives the room from refference file like 3,00m in height(from top of one floor to another). Standard is about 2,8m. Height of the handrail is alwyas 1,1m to 1,2m in some countries but never less then 0,9m. About the panels I guess they are 80x160 ( http://www.ivanka.hu/panels/?menu=panels ).

Cheers

edit: pixie: you fixed the wrong image mate ;)

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:19 pm

JK wrote: edit: pixie: you fixed the wrong image mate ;)
A classic "DOH" moment :lol:

Silmä
2nd Place Winner

Post by Silmä » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:53 pm

Regulations exist only to restrict architectural expression. The original stairs were much better looking, to hell with usability!

267 posts