how can I make my render better?

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Itts

how can I make my render better?

Post by Itts » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:15 am

hello, i'm new to Indigo Renderer.
i'm using it with skingido exporter for SketchUp. I've created a simple room (attachment).
as I said, i'm not very experienced in using it, so what can I do to make my render look better?
Attachments
renderek8.jpg

Silmä
2nd Place Winner

Re: how can I make my render better?

Post by Silmä » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:54 am

Here's some basic tips:

Edges. In real life, edges are never totally sharp, so use bevels. Also the edges between floor and walls usually have some kind of skirting board.

Lighting. There should be more contrast in the lightning. Shadows.

Textures. At the moment, the floor and bed textures are too strongly tiling. The floor texture is perhaps also too small (the planks should be a lot larger, I think)

And then there's the obvious problem with the window, and the doors are also maybe a bit too shiny for my taste. And the monitor looks too small.

But overall quite nice picture. A bit lifeless at the moment, but with a few adjustments and maybe sun shining through the window it has a lot of potential. Open up one of the doors a bit to add some drama to the picture.

Itts

Re: how can I make my render better?

Post by Itts » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:23 am

thank you very much Silmä !
your advice is very helpful for me. I'll try to upgrade it using things you mentioned. Now i'm working on some 'conventional' renders (not from above), i think that they will be better than this one.

3 posts • Page 1 of 1