Polycarbonat

General discussion about Indigo Materials - material requests, material developement, feedback, etc..
lexington

Re: Polycarbonat

Post by lexington » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:45 am

Thanks your material works pretty well ! Now I wonder if I can get the vertical lines using some bump map or if I have to model it.

thesquirell

Post by thesquirell » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:21 am

O.J, yes it is! Thanks! :D

For such small detail the best way would be to bump map it, but if you're gonna do some closeup, or edge shots, then probably some displacement would be nice.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:09 pm

Hi Lexington, welcome !
Oscar J wrote:Is that a render? Nice one, show us more!
This !
obsolete asset

lexington

Post by lexington » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:14 am

Sorry for the delay, here is the render i done with your help.

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:21 am

I can't see anything. :)

lexington

Post by lexington » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:26 am

Ok so i show you what it looks at the end :

I used the material you gave me and it worked very well.

I just lost so many hours with trying to get the right material thru Sketchup and it was a real mess. I really think that 1) Sketchup is buggy concerning the textures 2) Shindig is buggy with the textures 3) Both are buggy. The 3D render i have to create always comes from a Sketchup project but i'm considering switching my process to Blender or C4D. I'm done with texturing with Skindigo (one exemple : when i want to apply a texture to another object it creates a new texture with a new name, each time. So i end with a bunch of different textures and it make me mad. Not talking about the object that disappears in the render and so on. In fact i must admit that previously i was using Maxwell for SU and it was the same mess. Just the render was longer… :) Anyway i installed Blender but i realize i really need to learn it, i don't even understand how the windows works and moving in the model doesn't work like in SU…

So if the software worked better i could have spend more time in the process of creating material and such but it wasn't the case. So i end up with this, which is ok, but could have been much better. I hope i will have the time to correct it in the futur…
Attachments
2.jpg
1.jpg

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:35 am

Looking good, especially the first one!

We have a few really great Sketchup + Indigo artists on here, hopefully they'll help you out next time you run into any issues. Bubs (do check out his thread here:http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... =4&t=12887) is amazingly good with textures in Sketchup. I'm sure that if you ask about the specific problems you experience, there should be a way to solve it. :)

22 posts