Random Tiles

General discussion about Indigo Materials - material requests, material developement, feedback, etc..
bubs
2nd Place Winner

Re: Random Tiles

Post by bubs » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:17 am

You're a gentleman, I'll get on it.

bubs
2nd Place Winner

Post by bubs » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:43 am

Took 12 photos from my own house, and applied unique bump and exponent to each. This is working like a charm. Not too sure how to figure out the exact size for place holder texture within SketchUp tho, managed to get it roughly correct by trial and error for now.

Ono, the pigm is pretty big, if I dropbox you would you be so kind as to upload, as you know I'm still having issues.
Attachments
Scene.jpg
Brick.jpg

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:48 am

bubs wrote: Ono, the pigm is pretty big, if I dropbox you would you be so kind as to upload, as you know I'm still having issues.
Looks great! Please do.

bubs
2nd Place Winner

Post by bubs » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:55 pm

Any idea how to link the rendered image scale to the placeholder texture? I made sure to make all my bricks correctly proportioned to a modern 215 x 65mm brick with an additional 10mm mortar. At the minute to get a real world sample of 10x10 bricks which should be 2250 x 750mm my place holder seems to be 1130 x 1120mm which is a bit awkward to say the least... I'd rather sort this if possible before upload...

bubs
2nd Place Winner

Post by bubs » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:54 am

I haven't forgotten about this I've just been crazy busy... Just to ping my previous comment does anyone have any ideas how to better match the scale of the rendered texture to the place holder?

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:58 am

bubs wrote:I haven't forgotten about this I've just been crazy busy... Just to ping my previous comment does anyone have any ideas how to better match the scale of the rendered texture to the place holder?
You mean in SketchUp right?

bubs
2nd Place Winner

Post by bubs » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:04 am

yes, I would like to use a simple brick image as a Linked IGM, but at the current scaling the place holder texture is kinda useless in SketchUp as it is totally distorted...

bubs
2nd Place Winner

Post by bubs » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:32 pm

Ok, so I finally got 2 seconds to look at this, and realised I was being REALLY thick about this... :oops: Sorry Ono, this is fine, completely missed the scale sliders you had put in!

So for this to work with a placeholder texture in SketchUp you set the 'OverallScale' to the number of bricks wide you place holder is and set the 'AspectRatio' as a multiplier of the width... so for a 10x10 brick placeholder you just set the 'OverallScale' to 10 and the 'AspectRatio' to 1... really very simple. I really must take more time to look at things in future! :roll:

Ono, can I dropbox you this to upload? might be useful to include the above instructions for the more simple minded among us! :oops:

bubs
2nd Place Winner

Post by bubs » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:22 pm

So I've finally managed to upload this material to the database. I have included below here a 10x10 brick texture which I use as my placeholder within SketchUp as a Linked IGM. Real world dimension 2250mm x 750mm.

If anyone else out there wants to use this material as a base to create all manner of different brick, stone, wood textures which are high res but not repeating then please do and upload so we can all enjoy!
Attachments
10x10_Brick.jpg

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:31 pm

Thanks bubs, much appreciated!

DanJ

Post by DanJ » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:12 am

I know this is an old thread, but does anyone have a similar material for a red brick like in the photo i have attached? Or can anyone advise me on how to make my own?

Thanks
Attachments
_MG_0230.jpg

Zalevskiy
3D Software: Blender

Post by Zalevskiy » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:15 am

DanJ wrote:I know this is an old thread, but does anyone have a similar material for a red brick like in the photo i have attached? Or can anyone advise me on how to make my own?

Thanks
http://facadebeek.com/en/bricks/texture-generator
photoshop layers and eraser tool
http://cpetry.github.io/NormalMap-Online/
=
default___.jpg
:mrgreen:

for more or less a normal result it is necessary to expose a very large sabdivisions

on my laptop at a value above 12 processor hangs, check the quality of the result, I can not
sub_s.jpg

DanJ

Post by DanJ » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:36 pm

Zalevskiy wrote:
DanJ wrote:I know this is an old thread, but does anyone have a similar material for a red brick like in the photo i have attached? Or can anyone advise me on how to make my own?

Thanks
http://facadebeek.com/en/bricks/texture-generator
photoshop layers and eraser tool
http://cpetry.github.io/NormalMap-Online/
=
default___.jpg
:mrgreen:

for more or less a normal result it is necessary to expose a very large sabdivisions

on my laptop at a value above 12 processor hangs, check the quality of the result, I can not
sub_s.jpg
hi Zalevskiy,

Thank you, that's a useful tool, its cool to see all the different type of bonds etc

bubs
2nd Place Winner

Post by bubs » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:04 am

Hi DanJ,

recently I have been using a great little programme called Bricks'n'Tiles http://www.bricksntiles.com/
You still need individual hi res images of bricks but it then generates any size sample you like up to 16000 x 16000 pix I think. You can adjust the brick colour in PS to whatever you need it to be. You can see some of the results achieved here http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... 7&start=90

29 posts