Help making a material
Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:13 pm
Hi all,
I'm trying to create a water material for a tutorial I'm writing for Sketchup Caustics - I thought it would be more elegant if I could just link to a material with all settings and textures packed rather than get users changing settings in sketchup individually. But I've fallen at the first hurdle!
I'm creating my material in sketchup as below:
In the SKIndigo editor, these are the material settings I want:
Material type: Specular
IOR: 1.33
Displace: (A texture I've picked)
Precedence: 9
Absorption: Sketchup
In the Sketchup materials window I have the following:
Use texture image ticked (using my texture)
Size set to 1500mmx1500mm
Opacity: 3
And that all renders just as I want it.
So I 'export' this material through the SKIndigo editor, pack it to a .pigm and its all saved.
However when I 'import' this texture to a new sketchup file to test it works, half of the settings are wrong. They have now changed (bold ones are the incorrect settings):
Material type: Specular
IOR: 1.4
Displace: (A texture I've picked)
Precedence: 2
Absorption: Constant
In the Sketchup materials window its all changed:
Use texture image no longer ticked
Size set to 100mmx100mm
Opacity: 50
If I try and open my .pigm or my .igm file in the Indigo material editor I get the following error:
Error:Error while loading materials: Found unexpected element 'absorption_coefficient'. (In element 'basic', around line 6, column 9)
Anyone able to shed any light on what I'm doing wrong? Why aren't my settings being correctly saved when I export the material?
Thanks in advance.
I'm trying to create a water material for a tutorial I'm writing for Sketchup Caustics - I thought it would be more elegant if I could just link to a material with all settings and textures packed rather than get users changing settings in sketchup individually. But I've fallen at the first hurdle!
I'm creating my material in sketchup as below:
In the SKIndigo editor, these are the material settings I want:
Material type: Specular
IOR: 1.33
Displace: (A texture I've picked)
Precedence: 9
Absorption: Sketchup
In the Sketchup materials window I have the following:
Use texture image ticked (using my texture)
Size set to 1500mmx1500mm
Opacity: 3
And that all renders just as I want it.
So I 'export' this material through the SKIndigo editor, pack it to a .pigm and its all saved.
However when I 'import' this texture to a new sketchup file to test it works, half of the settings are wrong. They have now changed (bold ones are the incorrect settings):
Material type: Specular
IOR: 1.4
Displace: (A texture I've picked)
Precedence: 2
Absorption: Constant
In the Sketchup materials window its all changed:
Use texture image no longer ticked
Size set to 100mmx100mm
Opacity: 50
If I try and open my .pigm or my .igm file in the Indigo material editor I get the following error:
Error:Error while loading materials: Found unexpected element 'absorption_coefficient'. (In element 'basic', around line 6, column 9)
Anyone able to shed any light on what I'm doing wrong? Why aren't my settings being correctly saved when I export the material?
Thanks in advance.