How to SCALE BLEND material???

General discussion about Indigo Materials - material requests, material developement, feedback, etc..
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
tarikb

How to SCALE BLEND material???

Post by tarikb » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:58 pm

I know how to scale material in sketchup, in material editor, and indigo automaticly scale it in render.. BUT..
I have used WHITE CERAMIC material, which is BLEND material, and i don't have texture to scale it in sketchup.. I try SCALE factor, in indigo material editor, but i think it's not working.. Plz help..
Skindigo
i7 5820K @3.3Ghz | GTX 660 Ti 3gb

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Re: How to SCALE BLEND material???

Post by Zom-B » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:41 pm

for that I use a simple "preview material" with texture that helps defining scale (if no albedo exists, then use bump etc).
After placing that dummy material on your mesh, simply exchange it with the material you want...

At least in C4D that works pretty well :)

I don't know how Sketchups materials are set up, but maybe you can simply add a albedo material to that blend, or change it to diffuse for preview, and change back after placing & scaling are done...
polygonmanufaktur.de

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:17 am

the blend factor between two materials is one of those parameter clamped between zero and one.

gain remaps the output, offset will add.

Exponent is very similar:

you set the offset to the minimum value you want for an exponent, then you add to the variation range with gain.

exponent is forcibly clamped only downwards (virtually).
Last edited by CTZn on Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
obsolete asset

galinette
1st Place Winner

Post by galinette » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:00 am

tarikb wrote:I know how to scale material in sketchup, in material editor, and indigo automaticly scale it in render.. BUT..
I have used WHITE CERAMIC material, which is BLEND material, and i don't have texture to scale it in sketchup.. I try SCALE factor, in indigo material editor, but i think it's not working.. Plz help..
I do the following:
1) I create a material in sketchup and give it a dummy texture (for instance, just a square) and set the texture dimensions to 10cm
2) I open the skindigo material editor, and chose the "linked igm" material type. Then set the file link to the igm material.

This works fine! Linked igm ensure that sketchup doesn't try to modify anything in the material, and allows using materials that are not even supported by skindigo. The sketchup texture images then just acts as a placeholder for scaling the material but is not used by Indigo.

Etienne
Eclat-Digital Research
http://www.eclat-digital.com

4 posts • Page 1 of 1