An introduction to ISL

General discussion about Indigo Materials - material requests, material developement, feedback, etc..
CTZn

Re: An introduction to ISL

Post by CTZn » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:14 am

kklors wrote:Aw a pity man. Got you still on Twitter though and almost learned a bit french by now haha <3
At least am I not affraid that you could caught a transversal thinking disease or akin from me, if not sick already you must be fully vaccinated I'm certain ^^ Most welcome, I'm not there for the number but twitter is nice for a shoutbox.

Well Juan I'm not going too far anyways, provided how I'm managing my turn by just sitting there... I take the good wishes, thanks for that.

The one thing I feel I need to let down is the notion of responsability in regard with Indigo acivities, I'm therefore taking the required steps back. That sucks, however I still like 3d and Indigo remains my renderer of choice.

I just need a fresh look on the whole picture. Concerns I was not able to address have sucked my eventual creativity down over time too much.

I've been doing an exporter but have merely used it. While, I took it on me in order to use Indigo myself. Plain fail, as you can understand now.

I mean a come back :twisted: but the need for a Maya exporter will only grow stronger :|

Just keep any further personal remarks to the OT forum, I love to speak about myself this I do XD

This topic is not exactly dead yet.... *stepping back further*
obsolete asset

Voytech

Post by Voytech » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:15 am

CTZn wrote:
kklors wrote:Aw a pity man. Got you still on Twitter though and almost learned a bit french by now haha <3
At least am I not affraid that you could caught a transversal thinking disease or akin from me, if not sick already you must be fully vaccinated I'm certain ^^ Most welcome, I'm not there for the number but twitter is nice for a shoutbox.

Well Juan I'm not going too far anyways, provided how I'm managing my turn by just sitting there... I take the good wishes, thanks for that.

The one thing I feel I need to let down is the notion of responsability in regard with Indigo acivities, I'm therefore taking the required steps back. That sucks, however I still like 3d and Indigo remains my renderer of choice.

I just need a fresh look on the whole picture. Concerns I was not able to address have sucked my eventual creativity down over time too much.
A big thank you for getting as far as you did. It really oped up ISL to me and helped me understand the basics.
I've been doing an exporter but have merely used it. While, I took it on me in order to use Indigo myself. Plain fail, as you can understand now.

I mean a come back :twisted: but the need for a Maya exporter will only grow stronger :|

Just keep any further personal remarks to the OT forum, I love to speak about myself this I do XD

This topic is not exactly dead yet.... *stepping back further*

Onizuka

Post by Onizuka » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:19 am

Very Nice and easy tutorial you made CTZn.
I was looking to learn ISL, and thank you for your approach CTZn, I've understand the basis, but I was just becoming excited when your PDF tutorial stopped at "Dimension the third" ^^

How can I learn more about ISL please ? :)

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:16 am

Hi Onizuka, sorry about the delay in my answering: I had not access to the web the past month.

Well huh let's call this past. I'm a (collective) head, I say what should be done and expect people to take the challenge in our common interest. That, sir, almost never happens. Some big (lonely) guy will have to finish that lesson I guess, or do plain better.

:twisted:

I'm struggling just answering such references to that past in a non-emotional way.
obsolete asset

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:26 am

By the way OSL is similar to ISL (or inversely); it is also pretty well documented with loads of examples through the web; most shaders could be easily translated from OSL to ISL.

Check this google search out: https://www.google.fr/search?q=OSL+open ... g+language
obsolete asset

Onizuka

Post by Onizuka » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:21 am

Thank you for your answer :)

Ok I understand haha

I didn't know about OSL, but I will take a look and try to learn more about OSL, ISL, when I will have more time; thank you for the links, and later I'll be back with my advancement, but it could take some time ^^

36 posts