Roof Tile Material and other architectural materials

General discussion about Indigo Materials - material requests, material developement, feedback, etc..
galinette
1st Place Winner

Re: Roof Tile Material and other architectural materials

Post by galinette » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:16 am

Wow, amazing tools! Which software is used in the first video?

I'm mostly using sketchup

Etienne
Eclat-Digital Research
http://www.eclat-digital.com

snorky
Indigo 100

Post by snorky » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:37 am

galinette wrote:Wow, amazing tools! Which software is used in the first video?

I'm mostly using sketchup

Etienne
Houdini

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:41 am

galinette wrote:I'm mostly using sketchup
So check in youtube for Sketchup + roof and pick whatever fits your taste :)
polygonmanufaktur.de

trutextures

Post by trutextures » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:01 am

I have approx. 50,000 seamless 2D textures made from photos and some from Substance Designer and FilterForge V4 Pro.

I create and sell game textures and am switching from seamless 2D and 3D Materials, hence I purchased Indigo to render them. But I am still learning the system and settings but I can add some freebies to the data base.

A good idea would be for Indigo to think about allowing people to sell their materials as this would create a much bigger library at super fast speed.
SubstanceDesigner do this and it works well for them.

FilterForge offer a reward system for registered users to gain free upgrades or the software itself if they make and upload filters to their library. This is also a brilliant idea as it adds value to the software to potential buyers who have access to thousands of ready made procedural textures.

Whilst I love making textures and materials and have zero patience or passion for creating mesh and models it takes me considerable time and skill to take texture photos (with no shadows etc) make them seamless and then create the material maps to support the diffuse so why people "expect" there to be a free library of high quality materials at their disposal, I don't understand.

Plus you have the whole licensing issue, people using them and packaging them up in commercial scenes etc.

I purchased Z Brush to learn to make 2.5D textures recently... so to the chap who complained that he preferred to light the scene than spend hours making materials...each to their own!

I will start to add some, in fact I have added one weathered and worn painted wood material but that was my first material rendered and baked in Indigo so it's not my best work.

But its the attitude of the poster and his/her sense of entitlement that puts me off.

Why should I share my time and skill for people who "grab and go" ? I noticed so many people have downloaded materials from the library, very few review much less leave a comment unless it's to complain (even for freebies) so there is little incentive to give time and skill away so that's why the two companies I mentioned above have created an incentive system and I think Indigo would benefit from something like this also.

19 posts